Saturday, July 31, 2021

Stampin' Up! Positive and Inspired Thoughts Sympathy Card

Happy Saturday, peeps! Did you sleep in this morning? Not me...Chester gets me up every day between 5 and 5:30 a.m. What an alarm clock! Today he got me up at 4 AM with a hairball episode. Ugh! I wasn't supposed to do laundry until tomorrow...lol. 

Today's card is a CASE of Connie Stewart. I used the Positive Thoughts Stamp Set, the Inspired Thoughts Stamp Set (both current) and the Vine Design Stamp Set (retired).


This technique is called watercolor wash. However, I used 70% alcohol instead of water as it doesn't warp the Very Vanilla cardstock (5" x 3 3/4") as badly as water would have. I inked up my clear block D, used a Water Painter filled with alcohol and got the block quite wet and just kept swiping it from the block to the cardstock.  Once it was dry, I stamped the image from Positive Thoughts in Merry Merlot. Then I stamped the sentiment from Vine Design in Merry Merlot. I made a bow out of Linen Thread and adhered it with a glue dot.

I cut a mat of Merry Merlot (3 7/8" x 5 1/8") and adhered the mat to it, then that to my Crumb Cake cardstock base (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"). Easy peasy and quick!

The inside is quite simple...


The butterfly from Positive Thoughts is stamped in Crumb Cake ink. The sentiment from Inspired Thoughts is stamped in Merry Merlot.

The card is for a gentleman who just lost his wife this week and she was only a month younger than me. She was loved by the whole community. I'm entering it in the ModSquad Challenge "With Sympathy" Challenge by Tracy Shultz. Check out her card, it's beautiful! I'm also entering Pammie's Inky Pinkies ATG #2030 Challenge.

Stay well and thanks for stopping by today on your busy weekend.

"Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." NIV
I
PartialProduct List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

4 comments:

  1. Pretty colors, perfect for a sympathy card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful Karen :) Makes a perfect sympathy card or get well card Love it!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...