Friday, July 2, 2021

Stampin' Up! Daisy Lane Forever Fern Slimline Birthday Card

TGIF! Can you believe it's Friday already. Where does time go? I know, I keep asking that but no one has come up with an answer for me.

My card today is a CASE of Linda B's, "your CARDiologist since 1997"! It's called a Tri-Fold Slimline. The slimlines are growing on me.  Measurements for pieces are listed at the bottom of my post.


My card base is Poppy Parade. I used Flirty Flamingo cardstock for my mats and Pattern Party Designer Series Paper to decorate my flaps.

The sentiment panel and mat are cut with the Scalloped Contours Dies. I used the Daisy Lane Stamp Set for my front sentiment and the Forever Fern Stamp Set for the inside sentiment.


I chose these particular patterns because they are too colorful for me and I wanted to challenge myself!! I also wanted to enter Archiscraps July 2021 Challenge of multipIe pattern paper, Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper July 2021 and Sparkles Monthly Challenge #141 - Floral Extravaganza.

I stamped six medium sized daisies in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink using Poppy Parade, Coastal Cabana and Granny Apple Green cardstock scraps. I punched them out with the Medium Daisy Punch and joined each color together with glue dots. I adhered them to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals. The centers are retired Glitter Dots.

The card ended up being so thick that I tied a ribbon around it to help keep it closed. I doubt I will be mailing this card as it is very heavy. It will undoubtedly be hand delivered to someone who likes bright colors, stripes and flowers!

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you will be starting a great weekend. If you have any questions, give me a shout!

Measurements:

Card Base: 8 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 2" and 5 1/2"

Basic White Inside Panel: 6 1/4" x 3 1/4"

DSP Stripe pattern: 8 1/4" x 1 3/4"

Flirty Flamingo Mats: 8 3/8" x 1 7/8" (2); 8 3/8" x 2 7/8" (2); 8 3/8" x 3 3/8";  

DSP Flower pattern:  3 1/4" x 2" (2); 8 1/4" x 2 3/4" (2)

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

7 comments:

  1. What a fun card, Karen! Will for sure bring a smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card Karen, fun mix of designer papers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! I haven't done slim line cards, but you have inspired me to try one. Yours will certainly brighten someone's day and bring a smile to their face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. I do hope you try a slimline and post it!

      Delete
  4. A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...