Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Stampin' Up! Tidings & Trimmings Christmas Fun Fold Card

Good Tuesday morning, peeps! Today's card is my third Christmas card this month. I have a great jump on Christmas in July! This fun fold design is courtesy of my team mate Karen K. You can see her card here. I am not going to reinvent the wheel so if you click on that link, you'll find her template, instructions and video of the "how to". Thank you, Karen, for all that you have shared!

I used the Tidings & Trimmings Stamp Set, Christmas Trimmings Dies, and Tidings of Christmas DSP. I actually purchased the Tidings of Christmas Suite. Here are photos of the front view, side view and inside.






The colored cardstock that I used is Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent. The ribbon is Evening Evergreen 3/8" Chevron Weave. The gem in the middle of the front star is one of the Evening Evergreen 2021-2023 In Color Jewels.

The inside sentiment is from the Perfectly Plaid Stamp Set. I used Soft Succulent ink and Cherry Cobbler ink. I also used Adhesive Sheets when I cut out the DSP stars.

I'm entering my card in Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #406 and I definitely want to win the prize Di is offering! There are a lot of "snippets" on this card!! 




Thank you for stopping by today and do check out Karen K.'s blog.



25 comments:

  1. This is very pretty! I was on the fence about this set and paper, but the more I see of it, the more I love it! I am definitely going to check out the tutorial for the fold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen! Yes i do have comment moderation turned on. I adore this card - absolutely wonderful. Clever girl! I just looked at the paper pack on SU and it does seem quite similar as you say - although I think there's actually some gold foiling on the SU pack - beautiful. You're in the prize draw for the Honey Bee pack- good luck!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Di. I'm going to try making my own DSP similar to that. Wish me luck!

      Delete
    2. I have loads of alcohol inks, including silver and gold - so it's doable for sure! Check out Loll Thompson's blog as I'm sure she's used gold with A Inks. Here's a link to one of her videos: https://www.stampingwithloll.com/2016/11/video-alcohol-inks-with-yupo.html

      Hugs

      Di xx

      Delete
    3. Me again - yes. Loll used silver right at the begining of the video I sent you the link for just now! xx

      Delete
    4. Di, it was a great video with such beautiful cards. Thanks for sending me the link.

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful holiday card, Karen! Love all of the "snippets" and you're so smart to make your special fold holiday cards early! You have inspired me to do the same! Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge and hope you will join in again soon.
    Debbie
    www.SecretStamper.com
    Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love interactive cards! Your design is wonderful. I stink at making them (might be a lack of patience to make all the piece work). I love your card...would be so fun to receive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eliz. Yes, it does require patience and I do have it pretty much of the time.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful card! I’m jealous of your jump on your holiday cards! Now, I feel behind already! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well - guess it's time for me to order this pretty set!! I love this fun fold, Karen - great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the words of my two famous uplines, "You need this set!" Thank you, Mary.

      Delete
  7. That's so pretty Karen! Love this design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card with many layers. Perfect idea and decorating. Thank you for playing on CHNC together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card, and elegant too!
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Catie, for your comment on behalf of CHNC.

      Delete
  10. ta carte est splendide Karen, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous card. I love how you used the elements from my TicTacToe challenge over at 52CCT. I hope that you will come and play along with another challenge soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tracy, for your comment on behalf of 52CCT.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...