Saturday, June 26, 2021

Stampin' Up! Tidings & Trimmings Christmas Card

Good Saturday morning, peeps. Well, I didn't use anything from Carol's stash. I used the new Tidings & Trimmings Bundle for my card today. 

I had a bunch of kits in my stash from another Christmas card last year so I turned it into something new and different. Here's what the old card looked like.


quite a difference, eh?

Unfortunately, my embossing buddy didn't do its job so there are lots of black specks on the card. I should have redone it but I didn't notice it until I photographed it. The lighting in my craft room is not the best! It is going to someone who will totally get the problem! So, now that that faux pas is out of the way, let me tell you more about my card.

The card base is Cherry Cobbler that I dry embossed with the Evergreen Forest 3D EF. I adhered a black mat to it with liquid glue. I stamped Noel from the Tidings & Trimmings Stamp Set in Versa Mark ink on a piece of Basis White, sprinkled it with black emboss powder and heat embossed it. 

On a scrap of Basic White, I stamped the three stockings and cut them out with the Christmas Trimmings Dies. Then I colored them with my Stampin' Blends and wrote the names in with my Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker. I adhered the center one with liquid glue and the other two with Stampin' Dimensionals. I affixed the black baker's twine bow with a glue dot, which the camera so obviously picked up! I'll fix that later. 

I wish there were some way to fix the black specks. If you know how, please let me in on your secret! I suppose I could flick black specks on it with my Stampin' Write Marker but I don't know if that's a good idea!

I stamped the inside with another sentiment from Tidings & Trimmings.


I'm playing with Thing 1 and Thing 3 at Double Trouble Challenge #87 (I am quite square!).

Thing 1:  Trouble Maker 
says, "Twisted Sister has often referred to me as being square and I tell her 'It's Hip to Be a Square'.  She tells me it's better to be a circle because it's cool and groovy.  We are asking you to use squares or circles or a combination of both and let us know whether you are square, groovy, or both.
Thing 3:  Twisted Sister 
says, "Trouble Maker, since you're the, ummm, Boss, you need to know I have been spinning in circles looking for an optional twist. Oh, wait, there it is! Ummm, Boss... Emboss! Let's include ummm-bossing on our project.  

It's hot and dry here in Arizona... So if you want to Beat the Heat use Dry Embossing; or if you want to Beat the Cold use Heat Embossing; or use both... it's your choice.  

I'm also entering my card at 
NBUS Challenge #27 as this is the first time I have used this stamp set and matching dies; Christmas Card Throwdown's June Technique Challenge 52CCT24-2 with their Tic Tac Toe challenge (I went down the right hand side)

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you will have a great weekend. 

Measurements:

Base - 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2"

Basic Black Mat - 3 3/4" x 3 3/4"

Whisper White Art Panel - 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"

Whisper White Inside Panel - 4" x 5 1/4"

Ribbon - 8"

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

16 comments:

  1. Cute stockings! Love the colors that you used! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute - and I love the "naughty" and "nice"! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. I didn't want to put personal names on them...let them figure out who is who...lol!

      Delete
  3. I'll take naughty or nice... fun Christmas card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your idea of sending your fleck-y card to someone who will understand, Karen, because short of adding more flecks, I don't know what else can be done. And if you don't notice it until after you've added to it, then it's a pain to mask everything to add more flecking. We've all been there ... but I do often ask myself why it seems to happen more often with the black e/p than any other color? Let's just think of our fleck boo-boos as an "added feature," eh? I do love your design! I am giggling over how you labeled one naughty. Which child is the naughty one? Um, that would have been me for sure! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Darnell. You are most kind. I can't believe you would have been the naughty one as you are so nice to comment for NBUS!

      Delete
  5. Karen, a square featured on your card for the holidays... what fun! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent choice and beautiful result! I really like these fun stockings and the whole card. As for the specks, we've all been there, the only solution, add more! Personally, I would have masked the border and stockings and then added a few more around the word Christmas. Hope this can help! Thank you so much for playing along with 52CCT. Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rosmarie, for commenting on behalf of 52CCT. I appreciate your suggestion.

      Delete
  7. Really cute card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut Christmas Challenge

    Hugs
    Claudia
    DT Crafty Hazelnut Christmas Challenge

    http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
    http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be
    http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's never too early to create holiday cards, Karen! This is such a fun card. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #87.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful card Karen. I love finding crafty ways to use my leftovers for new projects. Thanks for playing along with my Tic Tac Toe Challenge over at 52CCT.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...