Friday, June 18, 2021

Stampin' Up! Happy Thoughts Birthday Card

TGIF, peeps! How many of you are excited about that? I hope you have a fun weekend planned. I have so many birthday events in June that I still need to create more birthday themed cards. 

I used Sharon Armstrong's Mystery Stamping June 14, 2021, for my design inspiration. My colors are inspired by Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge #366.

My card base is Just Jade. I colored some of the flowers with my Light and Dark Calypso Coral Stampin' Blends, the centers with my Bumblebee Stampin' Write Marker, and the sprigs with Light Just Jade Stampin' Blends. I sponged the die cut Happy Birthday (retired Happy Birthday Thinlits Die - 2017) with the three challenge colors.

On the inside I colored three butterflies (from the retired Beauty Abounds Stamp Set) with the challenge colors. The sentiment is from the Happy Thoughts Stamp Set.

I'm entering my card also at Aud Sentiments #277 ATG + a sentiment, Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper June 2021 and at TTTC118...I went from the upper left corner diagonally.


Thank you for stopping by today and I hope to see you tomorrow. In the meantime, my goal is to figure out what to do about Blogger no longer using Feedburner for the people who follow me by email. If there is anyone who can help me, please leave a comment. I know a lot of Bloggers are switching to something called "follow it". I'm also having a big time problem with my permalink going to the incorrect post when I give my teammates the link for our Thursday Blog Hop. Guess I'll be spending time researching instead of in the card room unless Blogger Support or a reader can help me.

Measurements in inches:
Just Jade Card Base: 4 1/4 x 8 1/4, scored and folded at 5 1/2; 3 x 5 1/2, score and fold at 1/2" on 3" side
Basic White 4 x 5 1/4 inside panel
True Love DSP 2 3/4 x 4 3/4; 2 1/2 x 4

15 comments:

  1. Pretty card - don’t the colours look great here - thanks for joining us at HSS this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fiona, for commenting on behalf of HSS.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty Karen! Love the fancy fold design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s one of my favorite fun folds and I love it with your paper and highlighting the flowers. Very pretty. TFS
    Good luck on the linking and blogger issues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card - love that die cut sentiment and the colors are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, we would love to help you with switching to follow.it - the process is very quick and easy :) Please also have a look here why we're a great Feedburner alternative: https://follow.it/blog/feedburner-stops-email-services-switch-to-follow-it-now/.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea how you sponged the Happy Birthday! Love how you used the challenge colors. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Genny, for commenting on behalf of HSS.

      Delete
  7. The spotlight coloring is a great way to accent this paper. Such a fun idea. Thanks for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!
    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robbie, for your comment on behalf of HSS.

      Delete
  8. Wonderful creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...