Saturday, June 19, 2021

Stampin' Up! Dragonfly Garden Birthday Card

Good morning! My card today is brought to you by the Dragonfly Garden Stamp Set.  The Dandy Garden DSP is retiring soon so I am trying to use it up. I was able to do that with Diane Evans' mystery stamping #61 the other day. 


My card base is Misty Moonlight with a Brick & Mortar 3D EF embossed panel of Basic White. My DSP strips measure 1 1/4" x 5 1/4"; 5/8" x 5 1/4"; and 1/4" x 5 1/4". I stamped the dragonfly in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored it with my Light and Dark Misty Moonlight and Mossy Meadow Blends. I also used my Crushed Curry Stampin' Write Marker. I punched it out with the Dragonflies Punch.

I stamped the sentiment in Misty Moonlight ink on a scrap of Basic White. I cut it out with the Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch and sponged it with Mossy Meadow ink. I adhered it with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

I colored three Pearl Basic Jewels with my Light Mossy Meadow Blends and added a bow made from the baker's twine in the Flowers for Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack.

For the inside, I decorated the corners with the Detailed Trio Punch and used a stamp from the Happiest of Birthdays Stamp Set.


I'm playing today at Just Add Ink #559 Choose Two.


In my mind, I see the dragonfly as being striped and the paper strips go without saying.  

Kath has an Occasions challenge at Watercooler Wednesday.


Stop by the two challenges and check out the lovely entries and thank you for stopping to see mine today.  Enjoy your weekend.

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

12 comments:

  1. Pretty card Karen! Love that dragonfly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always one of my favorite sets so one of my favorite cards. Love your design. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card - love the design and, of course - love that dragonfly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Karen. The dragonfly is coloured just perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patrice, for commenting on behalf of JAI.

      Delete
  5. Very pretty card. I love how you have used the DSP for your strips of card. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chantell, for your comment on behalf of Just Add Ink.

      Delete
  6. Such a lovely creation - dragonflies are always so lovely to create with. Thank you for sharing with us at Just Add Ink x

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...