Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Stampin' Up Forever & Always Anniversary Card

Mid-week again, folks. How does it happen so quickly? 

Yesterday I made cards with a friend and we had lunch together. This is not one of the cards we made together (that'll be later in the week) but I created this one for two challenges...


Inkspirational: Challenge #239 - Triangle and Sunday Stamps SSC257 Petal Power

My card base is Basic White with a piece of True Love DSP. I cut a triangle out of it with The Stitched Triangles dies and colored the images in the triangle with Stampin' Up! Blends that matched the Sunday Stamps Challenge. Here are the graphics so you can see more of what I'm talking about.



The colors I used are Pale Papaya, Soft Succulent...new 2021-2023 In Colors, and Flirty Flamingo, which was an In Color once upon a time and SU brought it back as a regular Bright!

The technique I used is the Spotlight Technique. I adhered the triangle with Stampin' Up Dimensionals, along with the sentiment from Forever & Always Stamp Set that is punched with the Lovely Labels Pick A Punch. 

I wrapped a piece of Soft Succulent 3/8" Open Weave Ribbon around the DSP and secured it with tape. I took another little piece and tied it around the ribbon. Then I adhered the DSP panel to the card base with liquid glue. That ribbon is to die for! I have it in every 2021-2023 In Color and it's worth every penny!

The inside is sweet and simple...


Another sentiment from Forever & Always and a strip of True Love DSP colored with Blends.

This is the first time I have used the stamp set so I'm also entering my card at the NBUS Challenge #26.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll return tomorrow for our Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop.

Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I would never have thought to use the triangles this way but it's a great technique! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun spotlight technique, Karen, and the colors are so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is some FANCY spot-lighting! So striking! Such a fun way to play with our colors! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather, for commenting on behalf of SS.

      Delete
  4. Very pretty Karen! Love the little colored triangle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How creative to use the triangle for the spotlight! Great take on the challenges. Pretty inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you spotlighted and colored the patterned paper. What a lovely way to use DSP! Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful triangle spotlight coloring of that great DSP, Karen! Your design is an awesome take on the SS and Ink challenges and I love how you did the inside, too! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...