Thursday, April 15, 2021

Stampin' Up! Treasured Medallion Thank You for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

 


Welcome to the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop. This week we have a sketch challenge. If this is your first time here, welcome! If not, welcome back!!

I used the Treasured Medallion Stamp Set and coordinating Treasured Tags Punch to create my card for you today. I took a little liberty in the actual layout but not too much!

Here is our sketch...

My card base is Basic White with a mat of Basic White. (Measurements are listed below.) I stamped the medallion in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored it with these Light & Dark Stampin' Blends: Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Seaside Spray, Misty Moonlight and Highland Heather. I ran it through my embossing machine with the Tasteful Textiles 3D EF.

Next, I stamped the sentiments on scrap Basic White. I used Stampin' Write Markers to color the letters rather than using ink. I used the same colors as above. I punched out the sentiments with the Treasured Tags Pick a Punch and embossed them as well. I adhered the bottom one with liquid glue and the top one with Stampin' Dimensionals.

To create the butterflies, I used the baby wipe technique. Using Granny Apple Green, Misty Moonlight and Highland Heather ink refills, I dropped the ink onto a baby wipe to create a multi-colored "ink pad". I used the Butterfly Gala Stamp Set for my butterflies. I punched them out with the Butterfly Duet Punch. The stamps and punch are retiring 5/3/21. I will miss them! I adhered the butterflies with glue dots.

Then I colored 7 Pearl Basic Jewels with my alcohol markers listed above (Blends) and adhered them to the card front.

For the inside, I sponged six of the colors on a piece of Basic White. I stamped the medallion in Crushed Curry.

On scrap Basic White, I stamped the sentiment from Treasured Medallion in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and cut it out with a die from Layering Circles Dies. I sponged it with Daffodil Delight ink. and adhered it to the center of the medallion. I had hoped to achieve an image of the sun in a rainbow.

So, you can see a rainbow/butterfly theme here, yes? Well, that's good because I'm entering my card in these challenges:

Now, on with the hop! Clicking on the "next" button will take you to Karen. Clicking on the names listed below will take you directly to team members and their projects. Thank you for stopping by today and hopping with us.



Amy Koenders

MaryDeatherage

Kristi Gray

JaimieBabarczy

Karen Finkle – you are here!

Karen Ksenzakovic 

22 comments:

  1. So pretty Karen :) Love your colors and your adorable butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun rainbow colors! Love the embossed background panel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a unique and beautiful creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Rainbows, Unicorns or Mermaid’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Darlene, for commenting on behalf of Double D.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card, Karen. Great coloring on that medallion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So striking! I love the colors and your take on the sketch. As pretty inside as out. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card - the colors are so pretty with those medallions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty colors! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super card! Those little butterflies are adorable. Thank you for joining us for Make the Cards Challenge! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful inside & out! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Make The Cards Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    MAKE THE CARDS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Make the Card Challenge.
    Hope to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs,
    Mifta.
    Owner ~ MS Kraft Store
    DT ~ Scrapping4funChallenges
    DT ~ Through The Craft Room Door
    DT ~ Make the Cards Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mifta, for leaving a comment on behalf of Make the Card.

      Delete
  11. You inspired me with this pretty card and the way you used a rainbow. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Try It On Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...