Friday, April 16, 2021

Stampin' Up! Delightfully Detailed Laser Cut Paper Birthday Wishes

TGIF, peeps! I think I actually posted every day this week...a first since January. 

I'm entering my card in the Inspiration Station Challenge #3. The photo colors/flowers/shapes are my inspiration.


My card base is Gorgeous Grape Cardstock. I used a piece of glossy cardstock for my polished stone technique. You will need two cotton balls, rubbing alcohol and ink refills the colors of your choice (mine were Gorgeous Grape and Just Jade). I also used Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (on sale until 5/3 for $4.80 while supplies last). With the first cotton ball, I saturated it with rubbing alcohol. I dropped one drop of Just Jade and two drops of Gorgeous Grape ink refills onto the ball. I dabbed wherever I liked. When it was dry, I took the second cotton ball and dabbed the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint wherever I wanted and let that dry. Then I adhered a piece of Detailed Laser Cut Paper (retired) to the polished stone mat and adhered that to the card base. The sentiment is from a computer print out that Crafty Al provided. It's matted on Gorgeous Grape and adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped a panel of Basic White cardstock with the dogwood image, sentiment from the Dogwood stamp set (Technique Tuesday 2015) and a second sentiment from the Daffodil stamp set (same company) using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I had never used these stamps before so I'm entering my card at NBUS Challenge #25. I colored my image with watercolor pencils (Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and Early Espresso) and a Blender Pen. I adhered it directly to the card base.


I'm also entering my card in the Aud Sentiments Challenge #272 ATG with a sentiment.

Thank you for stopping by today and I'm going to see if I can keep up the weekly pace again. Wish me luck!

12 comments:

  1. So pretty Karen! Love the die cut overlay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh - what a cool technique! I love it - and it's so pretty behind the laser cut paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Mary. I think I need to try it with the new In Colors, which means I have to place another pre-order because I didn't get the ink refills...LOL.

      Delete
  3. Oh I love the background, great technique. I also like the die cut you've place over top; a gorgeous card. Thanks for entering in the challenge at Inspiration Station and hope to see you again soon. Donna, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna, for commenting on behalf of Inspiration Station.

      Delete
  4. Very pretty card. Thank you for sharing over at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Billie, for your comment on behalf of Aud.

      Delete
  5. Lovely design. Thank you for joining in the Aud Sentiments challenge.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary, for commenting on behalf of Aud.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for joining Inspiration Station Challenge
    We love having your creation on our blog!
    Marci -DT

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...