Thursday, April 22, 2021

Stampin' Up! Positive Thoughts for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

 


Welcome to the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop. This week we have a theme challenge. If this is your first time here, welcome! If not, welcome back!!

I used the Positive Thoughts Stamp Set to create my card and can you guess what our theme is?


My card base is Basic Black. I stamped a mat of Basic White with the upcoming Soft Succulent Ink using the leaf stamp from Positive Thoughts (first and second generation). 

I cut a piece of Soft Succulent cardstock and ran it through my embossing machine with one of the Greenery Embossing Folders and adhered it to the leafy mat with liquid glue, then adhered that to the card base.

Using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped the butterfly from Positive Thoughts on a scrap of Basic White and punched it out with the Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch. I sponged the edges unevenly to bring more attention to the butterfly. Did it work?

For the sentiment, I used a stamp from Vine Designs (retiring in June), sponged it and punched it with the Lovely Labels Punch. I adhered that to the embossed panel with liquid glue and adhered the butterfly with Stampin' Dimensionals. I added one Soft Succulent Genial Gem (available May 4) and the card front was done.

On the inside, I stamped the leaves second generation, and a sentiment from Timeless Tulips. I think I achieved a heart shaped look. Do you think so? This is the second sympathy card I needed this week unfortunately.


Now, on with the hop! Clicking on the "next" button will take you to Akiko. Clicking on the names listed below will take you directly to team members and their projects. Thank you for stopping by today and hopping with us.

Amy Koenders

MaryDeatherage

Kristi Gray

Jaimie Babarczy

Sue Prather

Karen Finkle – you are here!

Akiko Sudano

Karen Ksenzakovic



28 comments:

  1. Pretty card Karen! Love that new shade of green!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. It's becoming one of my favorites.

      Delete
  2. So pretty Karen! I love the fern with the embossed layer and the butterfly!😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Karen :) Perfect for a sympathy card Love the color

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this - the black butterfly is stunning against the green background. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alyson, for commenting on behalf of Colour Dare.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful use of the Soft Succulent color - I think it's my new favorite color! Thank you for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare #439.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That condolence card is very elegant - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a perfect sympathy card. I like the color combination and the sentiment.

    Thank you for joining us at International Art & Soul.

    Hugs,
    Chriss - INAS - DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty sympathy card! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, Karen. Your greens and the butterfly are perfect for a sympathy card. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty the personalized stamped leaf background, along with the pretty embossing... CAS and the butterfly is a great image for a sympathy card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty card! Thanks for sharing with Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...