Saturday, January 9, 2021

Stampin' Up! Treasures of Life Christmas

 Yes, that's right...my first Christmas card of the year 2021! I intend to create one a month so I have a jump on December 2021!!

I used sentiments from the retired Timeless Tidings Stamp Set (something old). I stamped the front sentiment on retired Feels Like Frost Designer Series Paper. I mounted that on a piece of Rococo Rose cardstock. Then I adhered that to a card base of Balmy Blue. and entered my card at...
The image is from the current Treasures of Life Stamp Set. This is a new stamp set and this is the first time I have inked up the image. I love the detail on it. I've included a photo of the stamp set at the end of my post.

I stamped the inside sentiment (old), along with the tree, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock, adhered it to a mat of Rococo Rose and then adhered that to the base.


Everything was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I'm also entering my card in these challenges:

Thank you for stopping by today. You know I appreciate your visits and comments!
“For there is hope for a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that its shoots will not cease."   Job 14:7 (ESV)

16 comments:

  1. What a great way to use that stamp set. I don't have it yet as I only saw limited usage. You have inspired me to think a little more outside the box. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Julie! I have chosen to use this set as my stamp for the year on the Card Makers - Lets share FB group. You have to make one card a month with one stamp. I didn't want to choose this particular stamp because of the winter image so I chose the mother/grandmother/great grandmother/baby one. This is going to be quite the challenge!

      Delete
  2. Pretty card Karen! Love the stamped image on the designer paper, perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stamping on the DSP. Very cute and clever. I hope you’ll share pics of all the cards you create with this set...i love the sentiments but am low on ideas on using the set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susan. I certainly will be sharing pics using the set at least once a month, hopefully.

      Delete
  4. This is BEAUTIFUL! What a sweet image and the sentiments match it perfectly! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Cool with that image stamped over the pretty DSP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a great combination of old and new goodies... and a terrific holiday card all round! so pleased you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great scene and wonderful holiday sentiment ... so glad you shared both your new & old with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the serene feel of this card, great stamping!
    Thanks for sharing at Christmas Craft Creations.
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chrissie, for commenting on behalf of CCC.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...