Sunday, October 11, 2020

Stampin' Up! Playful Pets Slimline Card

Welcome to Slimline Sunday, peeps! It's my first attempt at making one and I must say I'm pleased with it. Double Trouble Paper Challenge #68 Tall Tale provided with me with the idea and you know how I love Double Trouble! I'm playing with Thing 1, Thing 3 and Thing 2! I certainly didn't want to leave any of them out! I hope you'll visit them to see what I'm talking about! I'll give you a short snyopsis...

Thing 1: Create a Tall and Skinny card for any occasion (mine is turned landscape)

Thing 2: Choose a previous partner and I have chosen 2 Crafty Critter Crazies #43 ATG

Thing 3: Create a Thing with a Tail

Here's my card made with the Playful Pets Designer Series Paper, Pet Dies and Autumn Wheelbarrow Dies.

There was a lot of fussy cutting involved here, I gotta tell ya! I just love the expressions on these critters! Their eyes tell the story!! 

The first dog is die cut with the Pets Dies from the Playful Pets DSP. The curled up cat is also. The wheelbarrow is die cut from a wood pattern in the In Good Taste DSP. The wheel is die cut out of Copper Foil. The cat pushing the wheelbarrow is fussy cut, as is the little Shih Tzu, the grumpy cat, the Dachshund and the spilled pumpkins (retired Halloween Night DSP). To carry the motion of the wheelbarrow and pumpkins, I stamped the sentiment in Basic Gray using a stamp from the Quite Curvy Stamp Set, which will be available to customers November 3, 2020. Here's a flyer you can download to look at if you wish.

My card base is Smoky Slate 8 1/2" x 7", scored and folded at 3 1/2". I cut a piece of retired DSP measuring 3" x 8" and adhered it to the base with liquid glue. I cut a piece of Whisper White 2 3/4" x 7 3/4" and adhered it to the DSP. Then I did a dry fit with all my critters and pumpkins. Once I was satisfied, I took a picture in case Chester decided to jump up on the table to help me! (He did!!) Then I adhered everything with liquid glue, glue dots and Stampin' Dimensionals.

Shopping Our Stash #430 also has a Slimline Challenge so I'm playing there. I'm sure this won't be my last Slimline! The design is fantastic for when you have a scene that is too big for an A2 card.

Here's the inside with another die cut pup and sentiments from the Pampered Pets Stamp Set.


I have to create an envelope for it out of the matching DSP and slap a label on it. I'm not sure how the post office here feels about DSP for an envelope but the staff at the Murphy post office are much friendlier and helpful than the ones in N. Ft. Myers. Have any of you had experience doing this?

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll be back tomorrow for another mystery card reveal.


Partial Product List 

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

20 comments:

  1. How cute and fun, love how you used that set to incorporate a fall theme with a birthday theme, and how you carried it to the inside panel too. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Melanie. It's always a pleasure to play at DT.

      Delete
  2. That is so cute!!! I love all those little pets and the pumpkins are a fun addition! Still on the fence about the Curvy set...I love all the images but do I REALLY NEED it?! The things I've seen made with it are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne. I didn't think I needed it either until my upline had it as part of her Quarterly Meeting Prize Patrol. Now that I have it, I KNOW I needed it :-)

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh! This is so stinkin' cute, Karen! What a barrow of fun you've created! And the curvy sentiment is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mary, and I saw what you did there!

      Delete
  4. Super cute, Karen. I love all your pets and your arrangement of them. Impressive fussy cutting! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable scene - those animals in the cart are just adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOOO cute Karen :) Love this card. It really put a big smile on my face. You're making me want to buy this set now

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these critters are just too cute. Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Carol, for your comment on behalf of 2CCC.

      Delete
  8. Adorable creation! The slimline cards provide a great opportunity for story telling! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chana, for commenting on behalf of SOS.

      Delete
  9. My apologies for this late comment, it's been a busy week.
    But this card just jumped at me, I love, love those cats and dogs, I recognized them immediately being from the SU DSP. I MUST GET THIS PAPER, I JUST MUST!!!!!
    Beautifully fussy cut, such a labor of love, and I love that you finished the inside too.
    Thank you for playing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you come and play again next time.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    XO
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, Maria. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a nice comment on behalf of SOS.

      Delete
  10. Love how you used the combination of dies, fussy-cut critters from design paper and getting in the optional twist of "tall tails)... you made an adorable Fall scene for your tall/skinny card. Love that you love Double Trouble Challenges and thanks for sharing also with 2CraftyCritterCrazies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Suzanne, for your support and comment.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...