Monday, October 12, 2020

Stampin' Up! Whale Done Birthday Card

Welcome back to Mystery Monday. Here's the card I created for our Mystery #6 using the Whale Done Stamp Set and Whale of a Time Designer Series Paper. Thank you, Sharon Armstrong, for your inspiration!

"...a challenge is supposed to challenge us to adapt any challenge to our own parameters" is a quote from my "sister from another mother"/teammate, Julie. On Mondays I post the mystery challenge cards that some of the gals in our local group have risen to meet.

Here's what Edie made with the daily clues...


Edie used the Forever Fern Stamp Set for her background and Peony Garden Designer Series Paper. That's one series I don't own BUT the sale is still going through 10/31 so I have time...like I NEED more DSP  but I WANT it! She used Wisteria Wonder for her color (retired). Totally different from mine but beautiful nonetheless!

Here's my inside and envelope flap...


What I used is in parenthesis...
  • Card stock for card base 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”, scored and folded at 4 1/4”
  • DSP 1 1/2” x 1 1/2” (4); 1/2" x 5 1/2" (Whale of a Time)
  • Card stock 1 3/4” x 1 3/4” (4) (Terracotta Tile and Garden Green)
  • Background stamp (jelly fish from the Whale Done Stamp Set)
  • Image stamp (Whale, Bubbles and Whale Punch)
  • Sentiment Stamp (Itty Bitty Birthdays)
  • Die for front sentiment/image (Tasteful Labels Dies)
  • Ribbon 1/2" x 5 1/2" (Whisper White Faux Linen)
  • Card stock or DSP strip 1/2" x 5 1/2" (Whale of a Time)
  • Embellishments (Iridescent Pearls)
  • Scraps for sentiment and whale (Whisper White)
  • Ornate Frames Dies inside
  • Well Said and Itty Bitty Greetings Stamp Sets inside
  • Just Jade Card Stock inside
2 Crazy Crafty Critters allows five entries and this is my fifth! Since this is the first time I used the Iridescent Pearls I'm entering again at NBUS #19.

Here is Meg's card...



Meg used Lilypad Lake (retired), In Good Taste DSP, Petal Pink and Night of Navy colors. I like how she rounded the corners of her square mats. Again, another beautiful, totally different card!

Sue's may show up later :-)

If you would like more details, just leave a comment with your email address and I'll answer asap.

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you'll be back tomorrow for our monthly Amy's Inkin' Krew blog hop.


Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

8 comments:

  1. Love the card layout. Fun design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - and love all the ladies' samples, too! Looks like they really enjoy this game!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I love your use of the jellyfish as the background stamp. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super whale, I like that colour combo as well. Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Carol, for leaving a comment on behalf of 2 CCC.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...