Friday, October 9, 2020

Stampin' Up! Daisy Lane Friendship Card

 Happy Friday Friendship Day! At least my card thinks it's so...



I used the Daisy Lane Stamp Set and the medium daisy punch to create my card.

My colors are inspired by Amy's colors at Color Throwdown #614


and my design is inspired by Jen Timko at Freshly Made Sketches #456.

My card base is Crumb Cake Card Stock with a mat of Highland Heather Card Stock. I ran it through my embossing machine with the Ornate Floral 3D EF and adhered it to the base with liquid glue.

I cut a Mossy Meadow Card Stock mat for my 2019-2021 In Color Designer Series Paper (scripty Purple Posy). I stamped "Friend" from the Daisy Lane set directly on it with Mossy Meadow ink. I adhered that to the mat with liquid glue.

The Scalloped Linen Ribbon (Purple Posy) is adhered to the embossed panel with Tear and Tape. Because Jen's sketch didn't have the ribbon running around the card, I didn't want mine to come loose. Then I adhered the sentiment piece to the embossed panel with Stampin' Dimensionals.

The medium daisy punch was used the make the daisy. I punched it out of the gingham pattern that is in the DSP mentioned above. I adhered them together with a glue dot and then to the card front with a glue dot. The Gilded Gem finished off the center.

For the inside...

On a piece of Whisper White Card Stock, I stamped another sentiment from Daisy Lane in Highland Heather ink. I stamped the fern in Mossy Meadow ink, second generation. I adhered the art panel to a piece of Highland Heather Card Stock.

My friend, Mary, has a favorite saying of "no nekkid envelopes" so I have been following her lead! I used the Forever Fern Designer Series on the flap and another stamp from Daisy Lane on the front.

This is in the mail today to a friend I've had for over 50 years. So, since it's feminine, I add it to the challenge at Watercooler Wednesday: WWC292 - Dawn's Challenge of Anything Goes with a Feminine Twist.



I hope you enjoyed my card and I also hope you have a fantastic weekend. We have friends coming to stay in the rental house next door for a week. We should have a lot of fun playing games and eating together.

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

21 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful Karen :) Love your colors and that design. The embossed background adds the perfect touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I never think to use shades of purple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colors, daisies are my favorite.🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet little card! I love that pretty daisy and the soft colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card, Karen! Love how you incorporated the embossed panel - it really pops! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty pretty card! I love that soft lavender and the gorgeous texture. Thank you for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thank you for commenting on behalf of WWC,

      Delete
  7. Love the way you used the colors and added great texture to the design! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacquie, thank you for commenting on behalf of FMS.

      Delete
  8. So pretty. I love the soft colors and your touches of texture. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great texture on your sweet card! Thanks for playing this week's CTD Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amy, for commenting on behalf of CTD.

      Delete
  10. Great use of the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! Kath-DT

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...