Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Stampin' Up! Colorful Seasons and Heartfelt Sympathy

Mid-week is visiting us again! AND it's the next-to-last Wednesday in September AND AND my last Wednesday in hot, humid, over 100-heat-index-every-day southwest Florida. Next Wednesday I'll be complaining about how cold I am! I'll be in North Carolina for over a month!!! Yay, yippee...I'm not excited, now am I! Actually, it's a much more tolerable day today with the humidity down in the 40's instead of 80's and the temp in the upper 80's rather than upper 90's. Enough of the weather report!!

Remember when I had an order for lots of sympathy cards in one week? Well, this is one that didn't sell so I'm putting it out here in case any one would like to purchase it. I CASEd one of my team mates cards that I received in 2018. Thank you, Sue Prather!


I used the retired Layered Leaves Embossing folder for my mat on a Mint Macaron card base. The leaf is from the retired Seasonal Layers Dies. The copper thread is retired BUT the copper foil is current as are the Stitched Shapes Dies, Layering Squares Dies, and Lovely Labels Pick a Punch for the sentiment and it's mat. The ribbon is Old Olive/Pretty Peacock 3/8" Reversible...that is current as well.

The inside sentiment is from Heartfelt Sympathy, which is also retired. The leaf was one I had stashed in the Colorful Seasons Stamp Set.


I'm entering my card at Retro Rubber Challenge 144 ATG (RRCB144) because all my stamps used are over a year old. That is one of their requirements for their challenges.

Thank you for stopping by today and if you have any questions, please ask away.

"Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never watched them dancing on a windy day." ~ Shira Tamir


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Colorful Seasons and Heartfelt Sympathy, both retired
Card stock & Papers     Mint Macaron, Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Copper Foil
 Ink Mint Macaron, Soft Suede
Accessories Adhesive, Glue Dots, Copper Thread , Copper Emboss Powder, both retired
Tools     Heat tool, trimmer, emboss/die cut machine, Layering Squares Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Seasonal Layers Dies (retired)

15 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love both leaves, inside and out, and I just love that little picture at the bottom of your blog...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Karen! That leaf die is one of my favorites. Enjoy your time in North Carolina!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Beth. I'll be watching you from way up in the mountains :-)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful card! I love the clean design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. The clean and simple design makes it elegant.
    I’ve turned my gas logs on every morning and evening this week! It’s definitely cooled off in my corner of NC. Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. I can't wait to cover up with blankets and have the fireplace on. We also have a propane heater for out on the porch so we can enjoy the river!

      Delete
  5. What a lovely card, a perfect sympathy card
    Jane
    GD at Retro Rubber

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems odd to say how pretty a sympathy card is, but it is! I'm really sad that the Seasonal Layers and Colourul Seasons have retired as I used them such a lot! The framed copper leaf makes such an elegant focal point and the soft colours are restful and respectful. Thanks for joining us again at Retro Rubber, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I always love to have you visit and leave a comment for Retro Rubber...or just for yourself!

      Delete
  7. So elegant. I struggle with sympathy cards, so this is being pinned, as a reminder of just how beautiful they can be. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so pretty and just the right touches for your sympathy card. I may CASE your card idea too! Thanks so much for playing along with Retro Rubber for our Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...