Sunday, August 9, 2020

Stampin' Up! Honey Bee Birthday Card

My inspiration today came from Wendy Cranford. I just love the retired Honey Bee Stamp Set, dies and Golden Honey Specialty Design Paper. Let me show you what I mean...
This is the front, obviously :-) and the next pic is with it partially open...

Next pic is...
you guessed it...the inside!

My card base is the new 2020-2022 In Color Bumblebee.

To help you get you started:

Card base : Cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, score at 2 ¾” from each end; burnish each panel

Mats for the two panels:   2 Black: 2 5/8” x 4 1/8”

                                        2 DSP: 2 1/2” x 4”

Strips:      3 Solid Color same as base: 1” x 4”

                3 Black: 3/4” x 3 3/4”

                3 DSP: 1/2” x 3 1/2”

Layer and adhere pieces together with liquid glue.

Dry fit:Take the three strips and place them evenly on the closed card front. Place the large bee on the right side to be sure it spans all three strips. Once you are sure of that, you can begin the gluing process.

Glue the left side of the first strip to the left panel.

Glue the right side of the second strip to the right panel.

Glue the left side of the third strip to the left panel.

Use washi tape or Post It Note Tape to temporarily secure the big bee on the right side, spanning all three strips.

Flip the card open and lightly mark its wings so you know where to put the glue.

Flip the card back over, remove the washi tape, and put glue on the wings to the lines and adhere to the two outer strips.

Glue the smaller bee to the left side of the center strip.

I had intended for this to go vertically rather than horizontally, but I had already cut out the sentiment and it didn't work in the vertical position. That's why the bees are going sideways! When Wendy made her card, she didn't use a sentiment on the front.

I'm entering three challenges today:

A Perfect Time to Craft #8

Gem of a Challenge Week #16 ATG

Seize the Birthday #196

I'd be delighted if you'd leave me a comment and/or click on the follow button. I'm trying to get to 100 followers by the end of August! If you need more information, just let me know but I'll need your email address so I can reply quickly. Thanks for stopping by.






11 comments:

  1. Fun card design! Love the little bees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously fun card! Love it - and those bees are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Thank you for play with us at Gem of a craft challenge blog. Good luck with your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I am always looking for good fun folded cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fantastic! Such a clever card - love the theme and the fantastic details. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you card just looking at pinterest and there it was. Gorgeous card thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Stippled Roses for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...