Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Stampin' Up! Forever Gold Sympathy Card

I've really been in a "let's use up retired schtuf" mode lately.  Today is one those cards.


I bought this pack of Designer Series Paper for this pattern alone. I just love it! I'd love to have these flowers in my garden!! It's from Painted Seasons, which was a Sale-A-Bration item in 2019. I adhered it to a base of retired Chocolate Chip card stock.

In my stash I found an embossed panel that was already stamped. It's from the retired Love & Sympathy Stamp Set. The font is great so I'll never part with it. I punched it out with my retired 2 1/4" circle punch. The card stock is retired Crisp Canteloupe, which was a 2013 In Color. 

Now here is where the new comes in! I adhered the circle to a Forever Gold Laser Cut Specialty Paper. This paper is to die for! You need it peeps! Just click on the picture and you'll be taken right to my online store :-)

FOREVER GOLD LASER-CUT SPECIALTY PAPER

Now we go back to a retired stamp set! The sentiment is from the Heartfelt Sympathy Stamp Set. It's stamped on Pistachio Pudding card stock, which was also a 2013 In Color. I used Shaded Spruce ink. I added a strip of DSP and more pieces from the Forever Gold. I had a die cut circle laying on my desk from the card I made yesterday. I dotted it with my white gel pen. Then I called it a day and it's already sold!



I'm entering my card at Hand Stamped Sentiments #346. What a gorgeous inspirational photo!

SUO #256 has a sketch challenge and I'm hoping they see how I've tweaked it and still recognizable using the Whale card.



Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll be back tomorrow for our weekly Happy Inkin' Blog Hop. I think you're going to like it!

16 comments:

  1. Very pretty layout, love the colors of on that designer paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these papers, the fonts on your sentiment and that gorgeous embossing! That's one of my favorite folders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - this is gorgeous paper for sure! And yes - I, too, would love to have a garden full of these beauties!! Lovely card - perfect for bringing a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning sympathy card, Karen - just love all the bits peeking out from behind the partially embossed sentiment circle! I can see why you've been hoarding that design paper - so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Linda. I visited your blog today and learned a new technique from it!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful floral card! The gold die-cuts are so pretty. We are so pleased that you joined us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Love the center circle sentiment with the hint of embossing. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this! You sentiment panel is perfectly dry embossed and adds such an amazing touch to your card. Thank you so very much for playing along with us at SUOChallenges.com. We hope that you join us again for a new challenge tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cindy, for leaving a comment on behalf of SUO.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful card and I love the gold die cuts! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...