Thursday, August 27, 2020

Stampin' Up! Forever Fern Happiest of Birthdays for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

 

Welcome to the Happy Inkin' Thursday blog hop. You're in for a treat if you have never visited before. It's a weekly challenge and this week we have a color challenge. 

I can't wait to see what each team member has created. Hop along with us at the bottom of my post.

My design was inspired by Carole Baumgartner. I used the Forever Fern Stamp Set and Happiest of Birthdays Stamp Set to create my card today. The challenge is to use at least three colors from these choices...
Image may contain: text that says 'Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop August27 Color Challenge Pick At Least 3 Early Espresso Crumb Cake Mint Macaro Cajun Craze Very Vanilfa'
I chose to use Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Mint Macaron and Very Vanilla.


I will list my card cuts after the list of hoppers. 

My card base is Early Espresso. I embossed a mat of Crumb Cake with one of the Greenery Embossing Folders.

The Very Vanilla art panel is cut out with the third from largest Stitched Rectangles Dies after stamping the images and sentiment. I also sponged the piece in Mint Macaron.

I cut a branch of Early Espresso and a branch of Crumb Cake that I layered on top of the branch image stamped in Early Espresso. I stamped the splatters in Early Espresso. All that is from the Forever Fern Bundle. I added a bow of the gold metallic 1/16" trim from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack. The sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso using a stamp from Happiest of Birthdays. I added three Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels and the card front was done. Because of the splatters, I'm entering my card at Try it on Tuesday Splash and Splatter and Tuesday Throwdown #464 Ink Splatters.

For the inside, I used another stamp from Happiest of Birthdays using Mint Macaron ink. The branch is stamped in Crumb Cake.


I hope you enjoyed my card today and thank you for joining the hop. Clicking on the "next" button will take you to Akiko Sudano. Clicking on the names below will take you directly to the other team members and their projects.


Amy Koenders

MaryDeatherage

Kristi Gray

JaimieBabarczy

Sue Prather

Karen Finkle - you are here!

Akiko Sudano

KarenKsenzakovic

Card Cuts:

Base 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"

Crumb Cake Mat: 3 3/4" x 5"

Very Vanilla:  3 3/4" x 5", then cut out with stitched rectangle die; 4" x 5 1/4" for inner panel


16 comments:

  1. Very pretty Karen! Love the distinktive images on your background paper, perfect embossing folder for the background too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your design Karen :) This would make a perfect masculine card as well as feminine. It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. I'm always unsure about bows and blings for masculine cards. I've got to get over that!

      Delete
  3. So pretty! Love the embossed card front with the matching die cut leaves over top! Great design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!! Love the sponging with the die cuts and touches of gold!😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card. I have this set and have not used it much. You have inspired me to get it out and use it more often. Leaves are kind of my thing, I guess, so love the ones you used on this card, stamped and embossed. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Awesome leaves and splatters! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sponging on the background to set such a pretty stage for your gathered leaves. Nice textures too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely project, I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting on behalf of TT.

      Delete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...