Saturday, June 13, 2020

Stampin' Up! Celebrate Sunflowers Fun Fold Sympathy Card

How's your Saturday going, peeps? I hope everything is well with you. I am still creating cards in my lap and this one I am REALLY pleased with because of the new SU In Color, Just Jade. Take a look see...



 I followed a video by Lisa Curcio in order to CASE her accordion fun fold.

Here's how I created my card:

1. Cut a piece of Whisper White 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", which serves as the base.

2. Cut a piece of Whisper White 4 1/4" x 11", score at 3″, 5 1/2″, 8″ and 9 1/2″ This becomes your accordion once you fold it. Make sure you burnish the folds to help it lay more flat.

3. Cut a piece of Just Jade 4" x 5 1/4"; emboss with Old World Paper 3D EF. Adhere to card base with Tear & Tape.



4. Cut pieces of DSP 1 1/4" x 4" for top fold; 2 1/4" x 4" (2) for center folds; 1/2" x 4" for the inside edge and adhere to accordion. I used Flowers for Every Season 6" x 6" pack.



5. Stamp sentiment from Timeless Tulips Stamp Set  on the inside in Mint Macaron or Just Jade, if you are fortunate enough to have it. Mine hasn't arrived yet.

6. Stamp sentiment from Path of Petals Stamp Set  on a scrap of Whisper White with Mint Macaron ink.  Punch out with Everyday Label Punch.

7. On a scrap of Whisper White, stamp two sunflowers from Celebrating Sunflowers with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Cut out with the coordinating Sunflowers Dies and color with Dark Daffodil and Dark Granny Apple Green Stampin' Up! Blends.

8. Cut a Just Jade belly band strip 1 1/2" x 9 1/2". Wrap around card with the ends meeting in front and adhere them together. Make sure it's not too tight, not too loose!

9. Adhere punched sentiment over the seam with Dimensionals.

10.  Adhere sunflowers with Dimensionals.

You're done!

I'm entering my card at:

Just Us Girls Challenge #540 "Frame It". I think the embossed Just Jade panel creates a perfect frame for the "accordion". This is becoming one of my favorite folds. 

Cardz 4 Galz More Than One Score (Fold) Challenge #123.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you'll be back tomorrow.

Partial Product List

5 comments:

  1. So pretty Karen! Love the mix of designer papers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this fold - the paper - the colors - everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely fun folded card. I do love sunflowers. These are lovely. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...