Friday, June 12, 2020

Stampin' Up! One Wild Ride Masculine Belated Birthday Card

Happy Friday, folks. I dug out a retired stamp set for my card today. It's one I wish hadn't retired as my daughter rides and the man whose birthday this is for rides as well. I will never get rid of the One Wild Ride Stamp Set as I know too many people who ride, especially in our 55+ community. When it was allowed, they would all ride out together for breakfast in the morning. I hope it gets back to normal for them soon. I miss the sound of Harley's going past the house.


I sponged a strip of Whisper White with Pretty Peacock and Granny Apple Green to mimic sky and grass. Then I stamped the motorcycle with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I adhered it to the card front with liquid glue. The sentiment banner, Route 66 and tire tracks are stamped in the same ink. One set of tracks is second generation. Card front donesky, as Mary would say!

For the inside, I stamped right on the card base. This is a no frills card!


The top sentiment is from the new Many Mates Stamp Set and the birthday is from the Itty Bitty Birthday Stamp Set. The motorcycle image is third generation Basic Gray ink.

Easy peasy, folks!

I'm entering my card at:

1. Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #372



4. As You See It Challenge #227 "A Reel Choice". One of my favorite movies is Indiana Jones Kingdom of the Crystal Skull because the Harley Davidson Softail is featured. Harrison Ford is not hard on the eyes, either!

My daughter and son-in-love owned a Harley Fat Boy and now own an Ultra Limited Touring Harley.  I just loved the sound of the Fat Boy. However, when you are in the midst of over 100 it is a little frightening for me! Here they are surprising us with a visit at our hotel in August 2018...a very pleasant memory, indeed!


Thanks for stopping by today and if you have any questions, let me know in a comment.

17 comments:

  1. Karen, this is a perfectly formed card for both the person it's intended for and for the movie challenge. This one is straight from the heart! Love the sponged strip and the well-placed tire tracks. Thanks for playing along with us again at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jan. I always appreciate your visits and comments.

      Delete
  2. Perfect card for the "set"! ;) Thanks for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first saw your card, I was thinking Easy Rider was the movie, but what do I know about motorcycles? You're clearly the expert! I love your card. The sponging on the front is perfect! Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had thought about Easy Rider but I never watched it. Thank you, Heather.

      Delete
  4. Fabulous! I had visions of Tom Cruise in Top Gun, but I can dream of Harrison Ford too! Great job Karen - perfect for our movie theme. Thanks for playing along with us over at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many motorcyles in movies :-) Thank you, Joanne.

      Delete
  5. Great card, love how you created the background. Thanks for sharing with AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blended background. Thank you for joining the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card! Haven't been on a bike for many many, years! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool....I don't know how I missed this post! Great masculine card and a great inspiration for your movie! Thanks for playing with As You See it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cool, great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous masculine project, thanks so much for linking to TIOT, much appreciated! Wonderful photo, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete

St. Patrick's Day Marches Off

Saying goodbye to St. Patrick's Day until next year, the inside is what I wish for my readers and followers! The front of the card is Sk...