Monday, June 15, 2020

Stampin' Up! Timeless Tulips Sympathy Card

Yeppers, it's another Makeover Monday card. This is a makeover of my card on Saturday.  Today's card has slightly different measurements from the one on Saturday. Most of these measurements came from Linda Bauwin. I used the same DSP as on Saturday, just different patterns. I had no idea how much I would like this paper! 


I used the Timeless Tulips Stamp Set for the sentiment and that is the only sentiment for this card. I'll be writing a note on one of the undecorated  inside folds. I stamped it in Mint Macaron and punched it out with the Everyday Label Punch.


I used the Tasteful Textures Stamp Set to stamp my flower on Whisper White Card Stock in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I colored it with my retired Lovely Lipstick Stampin' Up! Blends because my Magenta Madness Blends won't arrive until tomorrow. Then I fussy cut it.

So, with all the stamping out of the way, I embossed my panel of Magenta Madness (4" x 5 1/4") with the new Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.

Now we can get on to the guts of the card!


1. Cut a piece of Whisper White 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", which serves as the base. Adhere your embossed panel to it with strong adhesive. I used Tear & Tape.

2. Cut a piece of Whisper White 4 1/4" x 9". Score at 1", 2", 4", 6" and make your accordion fold.

3. Cut pieces of DSP 1/2" x 4" (first fold), 1 1/2" x 4" (second fold) and 2 3/4" x 4" for the back flat panel. Have this panel match the paper on the first fold (or not!). I used Flowers for Every Season 6" x 6" pack. Adhere these pieces to the accordion with liquid glue.

4. Adhere the accordion to the card base with Tear & Tape.

Your card is done except for the belly band.

Cut a Magenta Madness belly band strip 1 1/2" x 9 1/2". Wrap around card with the ends meeting in front and adhere them together. Make sure it's not too tight, not too loose! Just like on Saturday!!

Adhere the sentiment to the belly band with liquid glue and the flower with Dimensionals.
  
Here's what the inside looks like when the belly band is removed.



The spot where I've written my personal note is behind the second fold.

I'm playing for the second time at Cardz 4 Galz: Challenge #123 More than One Score (Fold) and for the second time at Just Us Girls Challenge #540: Frame It.


Because I have all the needed colors, I'm also entering my card at Global Design Project: #245.


Now, I have to ask...which frame do you like better...the Just Jade from Saturday or the Magenta Madness from today? I'd be so happy to have you leave your answer in a comment and thank you for stopping by today.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful fold to highlight that gorgeous DSP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Karen! Love the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an amazing design and perfect for our JUGS challenge this week! Thanks so much for sharing it with us, so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for leaving a comment on behalf of JUGS.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...