Thursday, June 25, 2020

Stampin' Up! Celebrate Sunflowers for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop


Welcome to the Happy Inkin' Thursday blog hop. You're in for a treat if you have never visited before. It's a weekly challenge and this week we have a sketch challenge. I can't wait to see what the other team members created. Hop along with us at the bottom of my post.
Image may contain: text that says 'Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop June 25 Sketch Challenge'

I was going to make a slimline card but after watching Linda Bauwin's video for a Triple Panel Stamp Technique, I changed my mind. I chose the colors of Mint Macaron, Pool Party and Bermuda Bay because of the #342 challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

My card base is Very Vanilla with a Basic Black mat. The first panel is Mint Macaron, the second is Pool Party and the third is Bermuda Bay. I used the Celebrate Sunflowers Stamp Set for my images and sentiment. I cut the sentiment with a die from Ornate Layers. The splatters are from the Forever Fern Stamp Set. I used my Dark Mint Macaron and Light Bermuda Bay Stampin' Blends on some of the leaves.

The inside consists of a Basic Black mat and Very Vanilla mat for the sentiment. I stamped the sentiment from Beautiful World in Memento Tuxedo Black in and the globe in Pool Party. I punched the corners with my Detailed Trio punch.


I hope you enjoyed my card today and thank you for joining the hop. Clicking on the "next" button will take you to Eva Dobilas. Clicking on the names below will take you directly to the other team members and their projects.


Partial Product List

18 comments:

  1. Karen this is so pretty :) I can't get enough of the sunflower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen...it's my "go to" stamp these days.

      Delete
  2. Wow, Karen! You hit this one out of the park! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. You will find out that I DID hit it out of the park ;-)

      Delete
  3. Love those big sunflowers! They sue emake me smile. Pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Karen! Love the colors and that sunflower image is stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Love the colors - the design - everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done a beautiful job blending these challenge colors, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Chris, I appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  7. What a cool technique and boy, does it work amazingly with these colors! At first glance I thought you graduated the color with sponging or some other blending technique! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jenny, for leaving a comment on behalf of HSS.

      Delete
  8. Your panel card looks stunning and our colours work so well - thanks for joining in with us at HSS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on our colors. Using the 3 panels was a clever way to do the colors. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete

St. Patrick's Day Marches Off

Saying goodbye to St. Patrick's Day until next year, the inside is what I wish for my readers and followers! The front of the card is Sk...