Friday, June 26, 2020

Stampin' Up! Forever Fern Encouragement Card

 TGIF, once again. Remember awhile ago I said I was going to make the last of our team meeting cards? Well, I finally did it and bungled it all the way! But, I like how it turned out. Sorry, Sue, I really tried!


I did use the same Faux Watercoloring technique that Sue did but it turned out nothing even close to hers. Her inspiration came from Heidi Collins. Mine came from having two Mimosas...lol! AND Just Add Ink's Photo Inspiration #511.


I used the "I" block from SU and inked it up with Soft Sea Foam, Garden Green, Pretty Peacock and Pear Pizzazz inks. I spritzed the block with water, stamped on the card base and let it dry. I stamped my leaves from the Forever Fern Stamp Set in Pretty Peacock.

On a scrap of Whisper White, I stamped the sentiment in Pretty Peacock. It's from the same stamp set. I punched it out with the Label Me Fancy Punch and sponged the edges. I adhered it with Dimensionals.

The little splatters are a stamp in the set and, again, it's Pretty Peacock.

I love these shades of green together with a touch of blue in the Pretty Peacock, don't you? I hope Creative Knockouts #356 likes it too.

Sue showed us how to create two cards and I'll show you the next one on Monday.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a fantastic weekend lined up.

Partial Product List
<!-------- TAMS End ---

14 comments:

  1. Love it Karen :) It came out so pretty. I see the sunshine peeking through to the leaves on the top. I couldn't have done that if I tried. That's the best part of this technique, you never know what you are going to get and they all come out different. It's ART!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. I like your comment about the sunshine!

      Delete
  2. It looks great to me! Pretty colors, love that stamp set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I finished mine, too - guess I need to post them one of these days. Wonderful technique! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. Yes, we all want to see yours...I've been waiting :-)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing, Karen Love this set...so versatile

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the contrast between the two sides of the panel Karen and how your foliage flows across both. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim, for leaving a comment on behalf of JAI. It was my pleasure to be able to join.

      Delete
  6. I love the Watercolour technique - it's fun to create unique patterns like that. Love how your panel highlights the leaves. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you used the light on one side and dark on the other and the splatter just add the finishing touch. Thank you for joining us on the Creative Knockouts Challenge.
    April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, April, for leaving a comment on behalf of CKC.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...