Thursday, June 18, 2020

Stampin' Up! Butterfly Gala Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop


Welcome to the Happy Inkin' Thursday blog hop. You're in for a treat if you have never visited before. It's a weekly challenge and this week we have a color challenge. I can't wait to see what the other team members created. Hop along with us at the bottom of my post.
Image may contain: text
Here is what I created for it...



I'm entering my card at the Fusion Card Challenge - Butterfly for the photo part only.


I was inspired by Connie Stewart when she used the Butterfly Gala Stamp Set to make her quick and easy card the other day.

My card base is Thick Whisper White 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4".

I stamped the butterflies with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on scraps of Just Jade, Pear Pizzazz, and Pretty Peacock. I stamped all the bodies and then punch them out with the Butterfly Duet Punch.

The large butterflies are adhered to the card base with liquid glue so their wings are free. I then stamped the antennae and adhered the baby butterflies with glue dots so their wings are free as well.

For the sentiment, I used Pretty Peacock ink and my Label Me Fancy Punch. For the mat I used Pretty Peacock Card Stock and my Label Me Lovely Punch.

Three Just Jade Enamel Dots kicked it up a notch! BAM!! Card front done!!! Wish I could say the same for the inside. I haven't decided what sentiment I will use for the sympathy aspect of it. I just know I need another one. It's rough living in a 55+ community at times.


I hope you enjoyed my card today and thank you for joining the hop. Clicking on the "next" button will take you to Eva Dobilas. Clicking on the names below will take you directly to the other team members and their projects.

https://ilovetostamp.com/?p=7785

15 comments:

  1. Very pretty Karen :) Love your butterflies and the simplicity of your card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet flutterbys!! Love how you've used our colors this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little butterflies! Love the clean design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty!!!! Butterfly Gala is still one of my favorite stamps..love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! Glad to see butterflies today!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely trio of butterflies! So glad you were able to play along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving a comment on behalf of Color Throwdown.

      Delete
  7. The layering of the butterflies is very unique. I think I'll try it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your butterflies are so pretty and I love your color palette, Karen! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...