Sunday, May 3, 2020

Stampin' Up! #ShareSunshine Sitting Pretty COVID Card

Good Sunday morning, peeps, from Murphy, NC! Yes, we are away on vacation to our favorite home away from home. In the meantime, we are missing some very dear friends whom we haven't seen in a couple of months. They have a bull dog named Sully so I decided to bring out the retired Sitting Pretty Stamp Set and also use the #ShareSunshine Digital. I explained those digitals in this post.


My card base is Early Espresso. I cut a Very Vanilla mat and embossed it with the retired Stone 3D Embossing Folder that was free during 2020 Sale-A-Bration.

I cut out a frame from the Ornate Frames Dies and stamped the sentiment from Sitting Pretty in Early Espresso. I used a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock for that.

I stamped Sully in Early Espresso and Crumb Cake. The bench is stamped in Gray Granite and the heart is Lovely Lipstick Card Stock. I die cut those three pieces with the matching dies from Pretty Park.

For the inside...


I used dies from the Stitched So Sweetly set and added another die cut heart. The sentiment is one of the digitals.

I'm going to play at The Paper Players Challenge PP489 with my card today. Joann's challenge is "Things that make you smile." I smile when I see a pup as cute as Sully, Roxy, and top of the heap...Finn! Any of you who follow Mary D., know who that handsome boy is!!

Because I made a lot of my cards ahead of time for traveling purposes I might not be providing measurements this month . However, if you have any questions, I'd be happy to try to answer them. Thanks for stopping by today.

8 comments:

  1. The perfect combination of sentiment and images Karen! Thanks for making me smile over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joanne. Glad I've made you smile twice this week :-)

      Delete
  2. Love the combo of images and your dog says it all! The embossed layer is the perfect backdrop for your scene. So glad you joined us at The Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jaydee. I'm so pleased it got "A Cut Above" pick.

      Delete
  3. My kids have a bulldog and I miss playing with it so much..so this card really made me smile! Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players and spreading the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Laurie, for picking this card for "A Cut Above" at TPP challenge.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...