Saturday, May 2, 2020

Stampin' Up! This Little Piggy Shelter in Place Card

Oh, my dear peeps, there are two things I wish today: 1) I wish there weren't a need for this type of card and 2) I wish This Little Piggy weren't retiring June 2! My daughter will understand this card and hopefully she has received it already. If not, close your eyes, Kerri!


 

My inspiration came from Lisa Curcio and this cute little piggy will be retiring June 2 so I just had to get it out at least one more time!

My card base is Garden Green Card Stock with a layer of Bird Ballad DSP. (Measurements at the end of my post.) I adhered the Bird Ballad DSP to the card base with liquid glue.

I took a piece of Garden Green Card Stock and embossed it with the Subtles 3D Embossing Folder. Then I cut it out with one of the frames from Stitched So Sweetly Dies. I adhered it at an angle with liquid glue to the DSP.

Then I cut a slightly smaller frame with the same set of dies using Very Vanilla Card Stock. I stamped Little Miss Piggy in Sahara Sand ink and colored her with my Light and Dark Petal Pink Blends Markers. Her feet are Light Soft Suede, the dirt is Light Crumb Cake and the little tufts of grass are Dark Granny Apple Green. I would have used Old Olive Blends but they are all used up! Time to order another batch. Then I attached the piggy with liquid glue slightly askew from the other frame.

I made a bow from Petal Pink 1/4" Metallic-Edge Ribbon and attached it with a glue dot.

The mask is made with a Pool Party scrap cut to 1/2" by 3/4" and scored at 1/8" three times. I attached two pieces of Thick Whisper White twine to the back of the mask with glue dots and then put a Dimensional of top of where the ends met and glue it to the piggy's face. I adhered the loose ends to the piggy's ears with a tiny dot of liquid glue...and I mean tiny! Maybe by the time my daughter gets this, This Little Piggy will be able to take off the mask!

I'm entering my card in the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies: Challenge #38 May 2020. I'm also playing at As You Like It Challenge Favorite Non-Birthday Card. My favorite cards are in the theme of "Thinking of You" or "Missing You". My daughter and I love piggies so this was perfect for me to tell her I miss her as she lives over 1500 miles from me.

Thank you for stopping by today. I really appreciate your visits...and you don't even have to wear a mask or practice social distancing! 




13 comments:

  1. What a cute card! Love the design and the colors are perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! Love the angled layout and...the piggy is too stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And perfect for this strange time we live! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at 2CCC with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for 2CCC
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this as I one of my friends loves piggies too. I miss seeing her daily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous creation! I love that little piggy! Your mask is so very creative. Thank you so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous make, and certainly a wonderful reason to send a card! Thanks so much for joining us at AYLI, hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Squirrel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! Is the I miss your face a stamp too? SU?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. Yes, the stamp is from the retired Tags in Bloom set.

      Delete
  8. So Cute, I also made a piggy card wearing a mask recently. Yours turned out so cute, perfect sentiment. Have a great week.
    cindys-greencricut

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...