Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Stampin' Up! Quaran-tini

Today's card makes me smile! I made it for my son-in-love and HE makes me laugh!! He does love his martinis too. I'm playing at The Paper Players PP489 for Joanne's current theme of "things that make you smile".


My card base is Old Olive Card Stock with a mat of Calypso Coral that I ran through my embossing machine with the retiring Coastal Weave 3D EF.

I printed out the sentiments and martini from the Share Sunshine Digitals, made a mat for the martini and colored the olives with my Blends. The mat for the top sentiment is retired Grapefruit Grove foil cut out with a Stitched So Sweetly Die.

For the inside I cut out another digital sentiment with a die from Stitched So Sweetly. I did a smaller martini but didn't have  time to color the olives before we left on vacation. My son thinks I need to color the olives...your thoughts?


I am hoping to fly to upstate NY for his birthday so hopefully the pandemic will be over.

Thank you for stopping by today.

14 comments:

  1. Cute card! Those sentiments are so perfect for the day that I'm having today!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. Sorry you had a rough day. A martini wouldn't help me. I love olives but hate straight booze!

      Delete
  2. I'll take two quarantini's, please! And then just keep them coming! ;) Cute card - going to miss that embossing folder, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, and yes, color the olives. I despise green olives, hence I would never drink a martini either, but I definitely think the color version is better, LOL! Love it with the Coral!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne. I love green and black olives! I did end up coloring them before putting in the mail.

      Delete
  4. Great card for your SIL, or anyone that loves martinis! I'm not a huge consumer of them, but these days I might have one or two "quarantinis"! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Karen - this sentiment is so fun and I hope you make it to NY for birthday celebrations! Stay safe and thanks for making me smile again over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! Cute! Cute! Great color combination...and such a fun sentiment. I'm sure your son-in-law got a hoot out of it...and I did, too! Thank you for sharing at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann. Yes, he did! He even had a martini after opening it!!

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...