Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Stampin' Up! Botanical Prints Medley Belated Birthday Card

Good morning, peeps! Today is the first day since we've been in NC that I have made a card. We've been here 5 days. It's been over a week since I made a card, period! I figured I better start soon or I'd even forget how to cut my card stock...lol. I cut my Basic Black Card Stock to measure 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4". Take a look see...


I chose to do Black & White + one color...green... so I could play at Try it on Tuesday.

I ordered the Botanical Prints Product Medley Kit quite awhile ago and was saving it to bring to NC. Kits are wonderful for that and this one retires June 2. It's a $70 product that is now on sale for $42 while supplies last. If you'd like to order it, click here.

I had pre-cut my rectangles before leaving home because I knew that I would be CASEing Sharon Burkert's card. They are cut with the Stitched So Sweetly Dies. I stamped the berry image in Memento Tuxedo Black. I colored the leaves with my Old Olive Watercolor Pencil and blended with my Blender Pen.

I cut a strip of DSP from the kit (2" x 5 1/2") and adhered it with SNAIL (retiring June 2). 

Using my grid paper, I lined up the three rectangles where I thought they were evenly spaced and then adhered them with Dimensionals only on the top and center back.

The kit has this beautiful Old Olive ribbon in it. I ran it under the bottom of the loose rectangle bottoms and tied a bow. I used about 16" of ribbon.

The kit also comes with punch out shapes for sentiments. I used one of them for my Itty Bitty Birthday sentiment, which is stamped in Pear Pizzazz. I adhered it with Dimensionals.

On the inside, I adhered a strip of 1/2" x 5 1/4" of the same DSP. I will be writing a personal note on the inside so I didn't take a pic of it.

Both Watercooler Wednesday (WWC270 with a Feminine Twist) and Word Art Wednesday #438-#439 have an Anything Goes Challenge so I am entering my card on those two sites as well.

Thank you for stopping by to view my card today and thank you, Sharon, for your inspiration. I hope y'all will come back tomorrow for our Thursday Happy Inkin' Krew Blog Hop.

23 comments:

  1. What a pretty card Karen! That product medley is fantastic, so glad that you picked it up! :)

    ReplyDelete

  2. Your card is really amazing Karen !! I love the berry image stamp and the beautiful green olive colour of the leaves and the ribbon. Lovely design too.
    Thank you very much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday. Have a nice afternoon and stay safe.
    Big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Caty, for leaving a comment on behalf of TIOT.

      Delete
  3. I just love the look of this card. I have to make one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - this is so pretty! You've really done an awesome job with this Botanical Prints set!! Great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a gorgeous card. The little touch of green in the leaves really makes it a stunner. Thanks for sharing with us at Try It On Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erika, for leaving a comment on behalf of TIOT.

      Delete
  6. Ir's a beautiful card and design. Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Thanks for the mention and thank you for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, I'm so glad you stopped by and thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  8. Great card Karen - love that pop of green.Thanks for joining us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card, Karen! I love the repeated images! Wonderful colours and design! Thanks so much for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A superb card Karen. Great design. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card! LOVE that stamped image and the green goes perfectly with this! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning card, Karen. Thanks so much for linking up with us at Word Art Wednesday. It's a treat to have you play along, and I hope you'll join us again soon. Stay safe and healthy.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    I'd love to have you visit and follow me on my personal blog. www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...