Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Stampin' Up! Ornate Style Itty Bitty Birthday Card

It's Twofer Tuesday! Yesterday I showed you one card using the daisy stamp from Ornate Style and today I'm using the same stamp. I also used the same DSP. BUT it's a Twofer because I did a different design and a different theme. I got the idea to do that from a challenge out there in Blogland; however, I was too late to enter! But, I am playing again at Stamping Sensations for their flower challenge. I hope my flowers will brighten your day.


My card base is Crushed Curry with a mat of Old Olive on which I stamped the Itty Bitty Birthdays sentiment in the corner with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I adhered a strip of Ornate Garden DSP to the mat and glued it to the card base.

I cut a piece of Crushed Curry as a mat for the daisy image from Ornate Style. The white was staring me in the face so I calmed it down by sponging with Old Olive ink. I think after doing this card that I am not a fan of daubers!

However, on the inside I was trying to achieve a bokeh effect with not having my background stamp for it nor acetate with holes cut in it. Remember, "necessity is the mother of invention". All I did was stamp the dauber once and then again, repeating the process many times. I stamped the daisies on the edge using the same stamp as the front and colored the centers with my Dark Pineapple Punch Blends.


Thank goodness there's a challenge out there for dots...Allsorts.

Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge #340 has a beautiful photo inspiration challenge so I'll be entering there as well.


Thank you for stopping by today and who knows, tomorrow I might bring you more flowers! You won't be able to sing "You don't bring me flowers anymore" ...lol...earworm!


18 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love that designer paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the daisy theme for your card and the sponged backgrounds. Daisies are happy flowers and are sure to make anyone's day. Thank you for sharing your card with Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Genny, for leaving a comment on behalf of HSS.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty card with that lovely daisy stamp - and thanks for sharing another creation with us at Stamping Sensations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Viv, for leaving a comment for SS. I've got one more for you!

      Delete
  4. A very pretty and summery card, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Allsorts 'Ginghams, stripes and spots' theme this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda, for commenting on behalf of Allsorts.

      Delete
  5. Ooooops, forgot to also say thanks for sharing your second card with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  7. These creations a so warm and lovely! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really beautiful card for our Say it with Flowers theme. So pretty! Thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations this month and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors layout in your happy card. The sponged backgrounds add so much texture and interest. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I have played a lot with this suite lately. Thanks for joining us at HSS.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet card! I love the texture you created by sponging the background. Thank you for joining us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...