Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Stampin' Up! Butterfly Gala Pressed Petals Thinking of You Fun Fold

Good morning! Yesterday I watched Lisa Curcio make a card on You Tube.  Making a fun fold card is one of my favorite techniques. This is her card...
Make a Creative Greeting Card with a Unique Slant

Now we're going to play "Spot the Differences"! Mine...

Yeppers, mine is going the opposite way...ideal for a "leftie"! Hers is 7 1/4" x 9"; mine is 5 1/2" x 9". I used Pressed Petals Specialty Designer Series Paper and Crumb Cake Card Stock; Lisa used Peaceful Poppies DSP and Old Olive Card Stock. Lisa had a splatter stamp from Painted Poppies and, unfortunately, I chose to use a stamp from Floral Essence. It was too bold for my tastes. I probably should have stamped off twice rather than once. I liked the subtlety of hers. The placement and coloring of the butterflies are different.

Did you get them all?

I can't tell you how I made mine because I still have to figure out what I did wrong by watching Lisa's video again. Maybe I measured down from the top 3 1/2" to make my angle and I should have measured up from the bottom? All I know is that it's a fun card and a great way to use up retiring DSP. Thanks, Lisa, for sharing.

Thank you for stopping by to take a look see. I hope you'll be back tomorrow for our Happy Inkin' Thursday blog hop.

I'm entering my card in the challenges at:

Repeat Impressions ATG M2720
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Favorite Technique
Stamping Sensations - Say it With Flowers

Partial Product List

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Karen! Love that designer paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty fold Karen :) Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this fold ... what a beautiful card you have created! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!! Fabulous paper and I love the beautiful butterflies! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather, for commenting on behalf of THTSB (RI).

      Delete
  5. Very pretty - and it doesn't look like you did anything wrong - just put your own twist on it. The butterflies are beautiful as well as the DP. Thanks for joining us over at The House that Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment on behalf of THTSB a/k/a RI!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful colours on your pretty floral card, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'Say it with Flowers' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card and lovely colours

    Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...