Monday, May 25, 2020

Stampin' Up! Ornate Thanks Friend Card

Monday, Monday and I have no makeover! It's a laid back Memorial Day for us. We used to celebrate after marching in the parade, ending up at the cemetery to honor and thank those who died in the military while serving our wonderful country.

My card today is a thank you card for a friend. I used the Ornate Style and Ornate Thanks Stamp Sets to create it along with a strip of Designer Series Paper from Ornate Garden.


My card base is Cajun Craze card stock. I had an already dry embossed piece of So Saffron card stock in my stash so I used that to add a little texture. I know I had used the Brick & Mortar 3D EF. The Alphabet Challenge Blog has "D" for Dry Embossing as their challenge. This fits the bill!

I stamped three daisies on mats of Whisper White and colored them with my watercolor pencils. On the middle image I stamped the "Why," from the Ornate Thanks set. I sponged the edges with Terracotta Tile Ink. I adhered a strip of the DSP to the brick and then adhered the images with liquid glue. Stamping Sensations has a flower challenge this month.

For the inside, I stamped sentiments from the Ornate Thanks and the flower from Ornate Style. I punched the three corners with my Detailed Trio Punch. The inks I used were Terracotta Tile and Crushed Curry.


I was inspired by the orange, yellow and greens in the photo inspiration at Just Us Girls #537.



Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for stopping by today.

16 comments:

  1. Cute card...lovely and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Karen - this may well be one of my fave little flowers images ever!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very elegant floral creation, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Stamping Sensations' Say it with Flowers' theme this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda, for leaving a comment on behalf of Stamping Sensations.

      Delete
  4. A lovely little flower image and you have made a very pretty card! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty style card. Beautiful.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a very sweet card!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenge!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    Silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely triptych of daisies, Karen. Thanks for sharing them with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bobby, for leaving a comment on behalf of JUGs

      Delete
  8. Oh, Karen, this card is very pretty! Love your triple daisy stamping. Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...