Sunday, April 26, 2020

Stampin' Up! Tropical Oasis and Tropical Chic Thank You Card

Good morning, peeps. Thank you for joining me today. I hope you've been having a good weekend. I had fun this weekend in my craft room!

As You See It currently has a speed challenge and I just love those! They do have rules to follow! (I've linked an image for their challenge at the end of my post.) This type of challenge teaches me to think out my card ingredients, measurements and steps to put it together. I have everything ready to cut, stamp, glue and decorate as you can see. This one took me 6 minutes and 40 seconds. Ready?



I could have reduced my time if I had cut all my papers at the same time and had my ink pad open...think assembly line! It killed me not to take time to clean my stamps until I finished the card. I don't like to leave my stamps with ink on them nor do I like to leave my ink pad open...just the quirkiness of my personality! So here is what I made with those items. (You'll need Dimensionals out too!)


This card is so easy! I got the idea by watching Jessica Taylor on You Tube. 

Measurements and instructions:

Mint Macaron Card Base: Cut  Card Stock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", score and fold at 4 1/4"; then cut off 3 1/4" and save that piece for another card! Stamp the 1" portion that remains with the leaf-like stamp from Tropical Chic using Mint Macaron ink.

Tropical Oasis DSP: Cut 5 1/4" x 4"; adhere it to the back of the 1" portion (next time I will cut it at 5 1/2" so it stands up better)

Mint Macaron Twine from Nature's Twine Pack: Cut 22"; wrap around seam and tie in a bow in front (All Sorts has a bow challenge for week 569.)

Scrap of Very Vanilla: Stamp sentiment from Tropical Chic in Mint Macaron; punch with Pretty Label Punch. Sponge edges with same ink; adhere with Mini Dimensionals.

Adhere three Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels

Cut Very Vanilla inside panel 5 1/4" x 4, stamp sentiment and adhere to card base. 



Here's a better photo of the reverse side of the front DSP.


I'm going to make another one for the challenge using different colors with a couple of changes. Check out their challenge...it truly is fun!


I hope you enjoyed my card today and that you'll give it a try.

12 comments:

  1. Love this! This is the paper I am going to miss the most, I think. Your design is perfect for letting it shine!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Love the designer paper and the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great paper and your card is lovely. Thanks so much for joining in with my add a bow challenge at Allsorts.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Linby, for stopping by to leave a comment. I was happy I could join in for your bow challenge. Bows are a challenge for me in more ways that one!

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty creation in lovely colours, thanks so much for sharing and joining our 'Bows' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautifully done, loving the design with the pretty paper! Thank you so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge this week!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card, Karen! DSP is perfect for Speed Challenges, but you went ahead and did the inside, too! Very impressive! Thanks for getting your adrenaline racing with our speed challenge at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies for the Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!!  The participating demonstrators are listed at the end...