Saturday, April 25, 2020

Stampin' Up! Music From the Heart Boy Birthday Card

Well, here it is...the other twin's 7th birthday card.


JJ's favorite colors are orange and green and I think he likes dinosaurs. I used a strip of Dinoraur Designer Series paper and stamped the images on a piece of Mango Melody. I used Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie and Early Espresso inks. The guitar and musical notes are from the Music From the Heart Stamp Set (retiring 6/2/20). The headphones and sneakers are from Epic Celebration (free Sale-A-Bration 2018) and the number and sentiment are from the Number of Years Stamp Set (retired 2018). With that said, I'll be playing again at RRCB133.
RRCB 133

For the inside...
I sponged with Balmy Blue, trying to achieve a sky look with the balloons taking the dinosaur away from land! I fussy cut him out of a scrap of the Dinoraur DSP. I added a 1" x 4 1/4" strip of another pattern from that series and adhered it to the bottom.

I stamped the "Awesome" in Garden Green. It's from the Epic stamp set and the Happy Birthday in Pumpkin Pie, from the Label Me Bold Stamp Set (retiring also). The balloons are Mango Melody and Garden Green. The punch I used is retired. SU does have a current one but the balloons were too big for my needs.

I'm also entering my card at Alphabet Challenge Blog: B - is for Boy Card and at Hand Stamped Sentiments Inspiration Challenge #337.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope a good weekend is in store for you.

14 comments:

  1. Cute card! I'm sure that he'll love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute - I know a couple of twins who are going to be really tickled with their cards this year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always lovely to tailor a card for a specific person and a grandchild's birthday is even more special. I recognise several retired sets in here, Karen, so it's a good time to play with us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan, for your comment on behalf of Retro.

      Delete
  4. I love the cute image you created on the inside...how fun! Thank you for joining us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! I love the dinosaur holding the balloons. Thanks for sharing your card with Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun card! Perfect for a 7 year old, love that there is an additional surprise inside for him. Thanks for joining us this time at Retro Rubber. Cx DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute birthday card, love all the elements you added. Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...