Monday, March 2, 2020

Stampin' Up! Timeless Tropical Friendship Card

Monday, Monday...it's Makeover Madness again! Today I have CASE'd my teammate, Mary's card. You can see hers here. Here's mine...



My card base is Pear Pizzazz. I embossed another piece cut 5 1/4" x 4" and ran it through my embossing machine with the Coast Weave 3D Embossing Folder.

I cut two pieces of Lovely Lipstick card stock 4 3/8" x 4 5/8". To those I adhered two different pieces of Tropical Oasis Designer Series Paper measuring        4 1/4" x 4 1/2". I added three Gold Metallic Pearls to dress it up a little. Alphabet Challenge Blog is an "X" for X-tra Embellishments. Over at Double Trouble Paper Challenge #51 they have a green and gold challenge and Heart 2 Heart Challenge Site is partnering with them. I'm also entering my card in Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper March 2020 Challenge.

The Lovely Lipstick banner strip measures 3/4" x 4" and the Whisper White sentiment strip measures 1/2" x 4". The sentiment is stamped in Lovely Lipstick ink.

The bow is made with the 3/16" Braided Linen Trim and adhered with a glue dot.

For the inside...
I used a mat of Lovely Lipstick and stamped a mat of Whisper White in matching ink. The palm frond is from the Tropical Chic Stamp Set stamped off once in Pear Pizzazz.

Thank you for stopping by today. I always appreciate your visit! Again, if you have any questions, please leave them in the comment section.










18 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, Karen! You have used a lovely mix of patterns and colors as well. Don't forget to enter your card at the Heart2Heart Challenge, too! Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #51.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! The colors are perfect, love that designer paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful patterned paper and love the embossed background and great layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Heart2Heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzanne. I always enjoy playing at Double Trouble.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous tropical palette that pairs so well with the rich gold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card! I love the angled layers. Thank you for playing along with us at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cat. It was my pleasure to play at H2H.

      Delete
  6. Super use of the patterned paper.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Catherine, for leaving a comment on behalf of CHNC.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful card. I love the embossing folder. Thank you for sharing with Double Trouble and Heart2Heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda, for leaving a comment on behalf of DT/H2H.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful - love the way you've used the paper and the layers you've added.

    Thanks for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the embossed background. Everything coordinates to make a beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with Double Trouble Challenge #52

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...