Sunday, February 16, 2020

Stampin' Up! Dragonfly Dreams Birthday

Sue L. was our hostess for our card group Thursday. She made a delicious lasagna and here's a photo of her table. I just love the way she decorates!

Today I'm entering my card in the challenge at Creative Knockouts #337 Recipe. Here's the recipe...
1- image
1- sentiment
2- different pattern papers
3- embellies (3 of the same or 3 different items)

and here's my card...


The bee image and sentiment are stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black using Darcie Heater's Hello Honey stamp set, which Sue purchased at the Stamp Fest she and some of the gals attended in Clearwater last weekend.
Darcie's HELLO HONEY Clear Stamp Set pol286 Preview Image
  
The bee face embellishment is also from the same company. The sentiment is punched with the retired Stampin' Up! Hexagon Punch. We glued that to a scrap of Basic Black card stock and then cut around it.

I'm not sure what companies the two patterned papers are from.  Sue had a die to cut out the embossed mat behind the Stitched Circle Die. I used my Dark Pineapple Punch Blend, Dark Daffodil Delight Blend, Dark Basic Black Blend and Light Smoky Slate Blend to color the image. I added three retired SU Black Rhinestones and a 7 1/2" piece of retired SU Gingham Ribbon before I adhered the mat and art panel to the card front.

When I got home, I pulled out my retired Dragonfly Dreams stamp set to finish the inside.
Image result for dragonfly dreams stampin up
I stamped the bee and sentiment in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. I colored the yellow stripes with my Daffodil Delight Stamp N Write Marker.

I sponged the edges with Daffodil Ink and added some sponging to cut down on the brightness of the Whisper White card stock. I punched three corners with my SU Detailed Trio punch. I adhered it to a Basic Black card stock mat and adhered that to the card base.

Thank you for buzzing by and I hope you'll bee around again tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet card! Love the little bee on the front - and using Dragonfly Dreams for the inside is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...