Friday, October 11, 2019

Stampin' Up! Nine Lives Itty Bitty Halloween Card

Happy Friday peeps! There are only 20 more days 'til Halloween so I thought I'd better get busy making some of those cards even though I don't like Halloween...at least scary, ghoulish ones. I know the kiddos still like to dress up and get their treats. Halloween fits perfectly for the challenge at Just Add Ink #478...

I created this card for my li'l pen pal in Maine and I hope she likes it.


My card base is Pumpkin Pie. The mat is Graphic 45 2014 Time to Flourish patterned paper, inherited from Carole.

I had a 3" x 3" scrap of Whisper White so I used the Cat Punch to make another peek-a-boo card. I lined it up so the Cat would be saying "boo"!

The sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Greetings Stamp Set, stamped in Pumpkin Pie and cut with the Classic Label Punch.

The white ribbon is 1/4" wide and it's from a huge spool I bought years ago when I was crocheting patriotic belts. So, I also have a spool of navy and a spool of red. I'll never use it up in my lifetime! The belt project was too tedious so I ended up with one belt...but I digress!

Here's the inside...


I colored the words "you're" and "sweet" with my Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Write Marker because "you're" was connected to a longer sentiment and I didn't want to mask or cut the stamp. They are from the retired Sweet Cupcakes set.

The "happy halloween" is from the retired Spooky Cat set.

Using the Nine Lives Stamp Set, I stamped the fur on the cat that I had punched out. The scariest part of this card is the cat's face, which is from Peachy Keen. The company sent me four free stamps as a gift for purchasing the Fashionista Face stamp set.

Are you wondering why my card is all orange and white? Well, here's the answer...Double D Challenges: Orange and White! Don't you just love their Mood Board?

I know LeAnne must! I'm not a fan of orange unless it's got green with it for the Packers! However, I do love circus peanuts and they are orange...I might buy some for Halloween!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you tomorrow.




10 comments:

  1. Super cute and fun Halloween card and purr-fect for our porange and white challenge at Double D...thank you for joining us!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend is going to love receiving this card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Orange & White ONLY’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Love the background paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever to use the negative die cut, and I love the white against the orange. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Orange and White Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy. I am a follower and saw your lovely hollyhocks!

      Delete
  5. This is my type of Halloween card - it has a cat on it! Using the negative is a really clever way to show off your DSP Karen. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...