Thursday, October 10, 2019

Stampin' Up! Christmas Gleaming and First Frost for Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop


No photo description available. 

I used the Stampin’ Up! Christmas Gleaming and First Frost  Stamp Sets to create my card for the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop. We’ve got a sketch challenge this week...

and here is what I created for it using the Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set ...



My card base is Pretty Peacock card stock, one of the new 2019-2021 In Colors.

I ran the Very Vanilla card stock through my Big Shot with the Hammered Metal 3D Embossing Folder. You would think I didn't own any others, but I just love this one!

The top panel is from the Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper and is cut at 1 3/4" x 5". As you can see, I flipped the sketch.

The ornament is punched from the reverse side of the same DSP sheet. I used one of the new Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack.

The sentiment from Christmas Gleaming is stamped in Pretty Peacock ink. Before I stamped it, I dusted it with my Embossing Buddy because I stamped it again with VersaMark ink and sprinkled it with Clear Emboss Powder, then heat set it. I cut the end to make the banner and cut a piece of Copper Foil to mat it. I adhered it with Dimensionals.

I used the First Frost for the inside sentiment. I stamped the holly in Pretty Peacock on a scrap of Very Vanilla. I used my Aqua Painter to spread the ink and then went over the outline with my Stampin' Write Pretty Peacock Marker. Then I fussy cut it when it was dry. I added a 1/4" x 5 1/4" strip of DSP on the bottom.


Because I did both die cutting and fussy cutting, I am entering my card at Little Red Wagon Challenge #518 "Cut It Out".

I hope you enjoyed my card today and thank you for joining the hop. Clicking on the "next" button will take you to the ever-so-creative Eva Dobilas. Clicking on the names below will take you directly to the other talented team members and their projects.


Amy Koenders
Mary Deatherage
Kristi Gray
Jaimie Babarczy
Sue Prather
Karen Finkle - you are here!
Eva Dobilas

12 comments:

  1. Pretty designer paper! Love the copper touches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRetty card, Karen! Even though I prefer traditional colors, I like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Karen, I always like these colors some of my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, Karen! Your embossed card front is the perfect backdrop for that coppery ornament!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love that you decorated the inside too. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, thanks for leaving a comment on behalf of LRW.

      Delete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...