Saturday, October 5, 2019

Stampin' Up! Enjoy Life Thank You Card

Good morning, peeps! Hope your weekend will go the way you would like. Today is World Card Making Day and a friend and I will be teaching a class to 9 card making beginners. I know we'll have fun.

With the help of Connie Stewart, I was able to get back in the groove of making cards. This one is a CASE of the second card she made in her Pressed Petals Specialty DSP One Sheet Wonders. You can find her video here. This card is around the 4:48 mark.


This specialty designer series paper is one of my favorites this year. I had no idea what to do with the one sheet until I watched her video.

I ran out of the Metallic Gold Edge Ribbon so I had to skip making a real bow. I just wrapped what was left on the spool around the DSP panel and taped it to the back. I had enough to make a faux bow.

Because I put my daisies on the bottom (the reverse of Connie's), I did not want to cover them up with the tag that she had on the front. Therefore, I stamped the sentiment from Enjoy Life in the bottom corner using VersaMark Ink. They I sprinkled it with Gold Emboss Powder and heat set it. Remember to use your embossing buddy before you stamp so that there won't be any stray flecks of powder.

For the inside, I used stamps from Enjoy Life. The sentiment is stamped in Mossy Meadow and wildflowers (I use that term loosely) are stamped in Night of Navy.


I'm playing at Inkspirational Challenge 197 today



I'll be back with more of the OSW cards and I thank you for stopping by today.

7 comments:

  1. So pretty Karen! Love that designer paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amy, for stopping by and taking time out of your busy world card making day

      Delete
  2. Love your card and always love that you inspire the challenge for me to do. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your class was a huge success Karen! Love your placement of your daisies and that you carried your design to the inside of your card as well. So glad you joined us at Just Us Girls, please join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy, for leaving a comment on behalf of JUGS.

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely card Karen. Great use of DP. Thanks for sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...