Friday, September 20, 2019

Stampin' Up! Seasonal Layers and Thoughtful Prayers Sympathy Card

Finally Friday! Hope you have a great weekend planned. I'll be going to my friends' house for dinner Saturday afternoon with two other couples. Sunday I hope to do Sunday School and church. Our class has been studying John and we have to vote on a new assistant pastor. Both events are exciting.

One of my neighbors lost her husband this week. He, like Perry, fought the good fight against cancer. They were married over 60 years and they had a wonderful life together. We even went to Disney with them once and had a great time. So, I got out the retired Thoughtful Prayers stamp set, a Darice embossing folder and the current Seasonal Layers dies to make a card for her.


My card base is Very Vanilla. I took a 5 1/2" x 4" piece of Cajun Craze and ran it through my Big Shot with the embossing folder. I wrapped a piece of braided linen thread around it and adhered it to the back with tape.

Using the dies, I cut out a solid Copper Foil maple leaf and a Very Vanilla veined maple leaf. I sponged it with Blackberry Bliss, Old Olive and Crushed Curry Inks and adhered it to the big leaf. I put Dimensionals on the back of that and adhered it to the card front. Then I tied a faux bow around the stems.

For the inside I used a floral spray stamp and sentiment stamp from Thoughtful Prayers. The spray is inked in Cajun Craze and the sentiment is the three colors I used for the small maple leaf. 


My color inspiration came from Always Fun Challenge #128

The colors definitely shout autumn and that is the challenge at C.R.A.F.T. #528 this week.

Thank you for stopping by today and I'll see you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...