Monday, September 2, 2019

Stampin' Up! Country Floral 3D Embossing Folder Fall Friendship Card

I'm a little behind the 8 ball today with my card for you. I had embossed a Whisper White Card Stock base over a month ago with the Country Floral #D EF. I also had die cut it with a friend's die and that's where the possible creativity ended. Then it just sat on my desk waiting for the right moment for it to come to life.


I got out my sponges and sponged the flowers in Blackberry Bliss, Highland Heather, Pumpkin Pie, and Terracotta Tile. The leaves are sponged in Mossy Meadow and Mint Macaron. The colors remind me of the fall mums we used to have in upstate New York. It also reminds me of my favorite childhood book, The Secret Garden. I can imagine all those flowers climbing the walls behind the door. I think this is the actual cover from the one I used to borrow from the library. 
Image result for secret garden cover

Shhhh...we are entering the library now...The Library Challenge #41 - Reader's Choice



For the inside, using Terracotta Tile, I stamped the sentiment from Enjoy Life on a piece of 2 1/2" x 5 1/2" Whisper White Card Stock and added a piece of Blackberry Bliss Card Stock next to it (1 3/4" x 5 1/2").


I had a scrap of DSP from the 2019 Sale-A-Bration hanging around my work area too so I adhered it to the Blackberry Bliss panel. It worked just great for not showing when the card is closed.

Thank you for stopping by today.

8 comments:

  1. Pretty card and perfect for the challenge. I hope I have time to get a card made for the challenge. Busy times!! Haven't made a card for 3 weeks, and am WAY behind! THanks for sharing your card. Inspires me to get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! DOES look like something you'd see in The Secret Garden! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty fall colors on your flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! It has a soft and slightly vintage effect and The Secret Garden was one of my childhood faves too. Don't be too surprised if you see the book again in The Library soon. Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...