Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Stampin' Up! Magnolia Lane DSP Happy Birthday Card

I have had this piece of Magnolia Lane DSP sitting on my desk since June 30! I have a particular person in mind for this card and hopefully she won't see my post until after October! As soon as I saw her top, my mind went immediately to the DSP which I colored with my dark and light Night of Navy Blends and my Cherry Cobbler Blends. Here's her top (I cropped the photo to protect the innocent!)


and here's my card...


I had my son run the Night of Navy card base through my Big Shot with the Layered Leaves Embossing Folder. Then I adhered the DSP (3 3/4" x 3 3/4") to a Whisper White mat (4" x 4") and adhered that to the card base...all with liquid glue.

The dies that are in the Magnolia Suite cut the individual flower out perfectly, with the exception that I had a black edge from another pattern of the DSP so I removed that edge by fussy cutting. I had also colored the bud with my Cherry Cobbler Blends. I adhered the flower bud with Dimensionals.

I stamped the sentiment from Beautiful Bouquet in Night of Navy on a scrap of Whisper White and punched it with a retired scallop punch. I edged it with my Mossy Meadow Stampin' Write Marker and adhered it with Dimensionals. This stamp set has been around for over a year so I am entering my card at Retro Rubber #118 Let's Sketch Challenge.

https://www.retrorubberchallengeblog.com/my-blog/2019/08/challenge-118-lets-sketch.html

I was informed by my surgeon's office today that I am not to bend, lift or twist (that takes conscientious effort!) until after he sees me 9/12 and has the xray results from that morning. I am allowed to walk and apply heat/ice to my back. I'm so looking forward to claiming my rightful spot in the craft room again for as long as I want and being able to exercise and do housework! I never thought I'd say that!!

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your visits.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful - love that DSP colored this way!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty colors! Love that designer paper. :) Take it easy until you see the doctor again...hopefully the pain is much better after the surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! You replicated her shirt perfectly! What a fun inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card, love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...