Thursday, August 29, 2019

Stampin' Up! Come Sail Away Memories and More Card Pack for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop


Happy Inkin' Thursday! Are you ready to ink up? You don't have to if you don't want to because it's a sketch week and I'm not using ink! Let me show you the sketch...
No photo description available.

Y'all know I need simplicity in my life at the moment and that's exactly what these card packs provide me. Take a look see.



The Come Sail Away Memories & More Card Pack features maritime images and I'll list what's in the pack below the hoppers.

I had an already-cut and scored Crumb Cake card base. I do that for every color and store them in the full wide stamp cases by Brights, Subtles, Regals, Neutrals and In Colors. I also have a case for retired colors.

I took the striped 4" x 6" card piece and cut it down to 5" x 3 7/8" and adhered it to the card base with liquid glue. 

Then I had my son die cut the smaller compass design from one of the 3" x 4" double-sided cards using my Layering Circles Dies (I'm not able to do that motion currently). I cut a ship's wheel out of the laser-cut specialty card and adhered it to the compass circle. 

Using the ribbon from the Magnolia Lane Ribbon Combo Pack, I cut a piece long enough to follow the sketch. I adhered it to the card with glue dots in strategic places. 

The ship's wheel/compass was adhered over the ribbon with Dimensionals.

The "celebrate" is a sticker from the pack.

Now for the inside:

I had a 1/8" strip left over from the mat on the front so I adhered that at the edge and had a piece of Very Vanilla card stock in my stash that was 3 3/4" x 5" so I adhered that with liquid glue after I had flicked it ever so slightly with Crumb Cake ink. The sentiment is another sticker from the pack.


So, I hope whoever receives this will celebrate simply having a great day! It could be for a birthday, a day of feeling good after having a chemo treatment or surgery...the uses are endless. We all need great days. However, I think it might have to go to a man as it looks masculine to me. What do you think?

Clicking on the "next" button will take you to Eva Dobilas. Clicking on the names below will take you directly to that team member. I can't wait to get hopping to see what my teammates have created.


Karen Finkle - you are here!
Eva Dobilas

Come Sail Away Memories and More Card Pack contains:

*50 total double-sided cards (2 each of 25 designs) in 3" x 4" (7.6 x 10.2 cm) and 4" x 6" (10.2 x 15.2 cm) sizes
* 6 4" x 6" (10.2 x 15.2 cm) single-sided laser-cut specialty cards
* 4 sticker sheets
* Acid free, lignin free

Coordinating colors: Balmy Blue, Basic Black, Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, Soft Suede, Whisper White


Product List:

8 comments:

  1. Awesome masculine card - love that Memories & More Card Pack - and you showcased it perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Karen! Those Memories & More Card Packs are fantastic for making beautiful layers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the clean and simple look of this and think it'd make a great masculine birthday card--which I need right now! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the card pack! love your card, Karen. Hope tomorrow brings relief.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...