Monday, July 8, 2019

MSC Stampin' Up! Magnolia Lane Thank You Card

Good afternoon, peeps! I don't usually do two posts in the same day, but seeing as how tomorrow is the blog hop, I wanted to get this card into the Mod Squad Challenge as it is a CASE of Judy Woodland's card. I hope you will click on the link to go view her card and see some of the other beautiful CASE's. In addition to Stampin' Up products, I have used two of Gina K's products. Let me show you first and then I'll tell you about it...


My card base is Basic Black. I cut three mats of Petal Pink card stock and three panels of Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper. Using the Magnolia Memories Dies, I cut the individual magnolia from a partial scrap I had on my desk (waste not, want not!). I adhered a piece of foam  adhesive strip to the back. 

The banners were also scraps laying on my desk. I punched the ends with the Banner Triple Punch. On the black banner, I stamped a sentiment from Gina K's "Scripty Sayings 1" in Versa Mark Ink and then sprinkled Gina K. Designs Rose Gold Embossing Powder over it and set it with my heat tool. I remembered to use my Embossing Buddy to remove any oils or specks of dust from the paper!

I adhered my panels to the front of the card, adhered the individual flower to the edge and then slid the Petal Pink and Basic Black banners underneath, glued down with liquid glue.

Next is the photo of the envelope flap and inside of the card. The envelope front has an individual magnolia bud stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored in with my Blends. The flap is another piece of DSP from Magnolia Lane.

The sentiment is from the Good Morning Magnolia Stamp Set and is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on a mat of Petal Pink card stock. The corners are punched with the Detailed Trio Punch.


Daisy Chain Challenges #32 - Flowers is where I'm also playing this afternoon. This was a commissioned card and I hope the buyer will be pleased.

Thank you for taking the time to read my second post of the day. Hope to see you back tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Karen. Love the black and pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty layering. Love the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful. I love the colors, the black really makes that soft pink pop. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...