Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Stampin' Up! High Tide Flamingo Birthday

Monday I posted a flamingo card that was a makeover. You can see that HERE. I wasn't happy with the water nor the flower stamping so I made another one. Do you like this better?


I do, but I still haven't achieved the look I wanted. On this one, I used stamps from High Tide to create the water, sand and sea grass. The flamingo is from the Pop of Paradise retired stamp set. I want the legs of the flamingo to look like they are really in the water and not standing on top of it!

Still sticking with the Tropical Chic stamp set, I stamped fewer flowers and palm fronds. The one from Monday is probably going in the circular file. Here is a third one I did...


The water here was created with my aqua painter and Blueberry Bushel ink. I used the same stamp sets. I think I like the bird's legs in Soft Suede better than black and it's almost like he/she is standing on sand in the water.

So, for my birthday card, I'm playing in these challenges:


and I'm entering my Thank You card at The House That Stamps Built - ATG J2419

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you'll return tomorrow for our Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop.

18 comments:

  1. I thing BOTH cards are fabulous, very pretty and summery!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane, for leaving a comment on behalf of DD.

      Delete
  2. Cute cards! Love that flamingo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karen, these are just awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Birthday’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful design. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will joining us for future challenges.
    Kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fab card, thank you for sharing it with us at Inspire.Create.Challenges.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely tropical card -- love that flamingo! Thanks for playing along in our "Anything Goes" challenge over on The House That Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think these are both fabulous!! Great stamps and I think the different techniques on the water are equally beautiful. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for leaving a comment, Heather.

      Delete
  8. Both are gorgeous. Love your colour choices and great layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
    Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...