Monday, July 22, 2019

Stampin' Up! Tropical Chic and High Tide Birthday Card

Back by popular demand...Makeover Monday! I brought out the current Tropical Chic Stamp Set and the High Tide Stamp Set for you today. First I'll show you the card I'm re-creating. It's one I bought from Sue L. at our P.E.O. social meeting...


and now my remake...



My card base is Pear Pizzazz with a mat of Whisper White. On a piece of glossy photo paper, I stamped the flamingo from the retired Pop of Paradise Stamp Set in Flirty Flamingo and the legs in Memento Tuxedo Black. The palm fronds from Tropical Chic are stamped in Pear Pizzazz, the flowers in Merry Merlot (some stamped off), and the one palm frond is die cut from Shaded Spruce using the matching Tropical Dies.

Using stamps from the High Tide Stamp set, I stamped the sea grass in Mossy Meadow and the sand in Crumb Cake. The water was created with an Aqua Painter using Balmy Blue. Watercoloring with the Aqua Painter is not my forte.

There are so many flamingos out there in stamp town. Do you have any? I may get out my Fabulous Flamingo stamp set (retired) to re-make this one for next Monday!

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

  1. Great little scene....I don't do scenes very well, but this one is delightful!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...