Saturday, July 27, 2019

Stampin' Up! Butterfly Gala Fun Fold Thinking of You Card

I'm a little late posting this Saturday morning as I apparently did something yesterday I shouldn't have so my lower back and hips are in much pain. Heat and ice for me today. Don't you hate it when that happens?

Thursday our card group made three cards and this is one of the kits I provided. There are many demonstrators out there who do this fold but I chose Tami White for my inspiration. It's most generally known as the "collar fold".  I'm entering it at Inkspirational's #192 Word Prompt "Fold".

My card is going to a six-year old girl who loves flowers and butterflies. She has just had to move from the house she loved to a new place and is quite unhappy about it. I am hoping this will brighten her day. Over at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog, their current challenge #232 is For a Child + A Sentiment.


My 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base is Whisper White. I cut a piece of Petal Promenade DSP to the same size. On the 5 1/2" side, I cut down to the 1 3/4" mark and folded the pieces back to form a collar. The Petal Promenade DSP is retired but SU has so many beautiful papers this year that I will list them below. I adhered that panel to the card front and stamped my sentiment in Early Espresso. (I can't remember what stamp set this belongs to. If someone can tell me, that will help me get it back to its rightful home.) I also put mini dimensionals under the collar tips.

I used the Layering Ovals dies to cut a scalloped edge of Fresh Fig and the solid edge mat of Petal Pink. I used a scrap of Whisper White for the butterfly from the Butterfly Gala Stamp Set. I stamped the outline in Early Espresso and the inner sections are stamped in Petal Pink. It's cut out with the Butterfly Duet punch. I adhered the scalloped mat to the card with mini dimensionals and the second mat and butterfly with liquid glue.

This is such an easy card to create and strikingly beautiful with the available Designer Series Paper. I hope you agree!


Product List

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Karen! The designer paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I can see why it's called the collar fold - very unusual and an elegant effect on a really pretty card. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marina, for leaving a comment.

      Delete
  3. Such an eye-catching card with the unique collar fold and the oh-so-elegant papers and butterfly! You'll definitely bring a smile to the young girl's face when she opens up this gorgeous creation! Thank you for sharing this in the Inkspirational gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...