Sunday, July 28, 2019

Stampin' Up! Sailing Home and High Tide Birthday Card

Good Sunday morning, peeps! Not only is it Sunday, but it's LeAnne's birthday and here is what I made for her. (Guess what one of her favorite colors is!)


I made it a few weeks ago and should have written the recipe down. I'm not sure what color the card base was...maybe Pumpkin Pie or a retired Tangelo Twist? I know there's a mat of Copper Foil on the front. I cut out the filigree frame from that piece of foil and adhered it to a piece of watercolor paper created with the Cling Wrap technique...instructions here. I used drops of Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, and Grapefruit Grove plus a few drops of Copper Shimmer Paint.

The die cut circle and the filigree frame are from the Stitched Labels Dies. I stamped the sentiment from Beautiful Bouquet on a scrap of Whisper White card stock in a bronze ink I had. Stampin' Up! will have bronze, gold and silver inks in their upcoming Holiday catalog. I added 3 pearls.

Because my card front is monochromatic, I'm entering the #63 Challenge at International Art & Soul.

For the inside, I used one of Carole's stamps that I inherited and the Sailing Home Stamp Set, along with the High Tide Stamp Set.


The water is from High Tide, the birds and boat from Sailing Home. I stamped the water in Mint Macaron and colored the boat with my Light and Dark Pumpkin Pie Blends.

Thank you for stopping by today and tomorrow I'll be posting an interactive card. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out!

Oh, and let's all wish LeAnne Pugliese a happy birthday!


Product List

6 comments:

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...