Monday, July 1, 2019

Stampin' Up! Beach Happy and High Tide Birthday Card

Welcome to another Monday Makeover Madness card. I used the Beach Happy Stamp Set (retired) and the High Tide Stamp Set to make my card today. This is the card I am re-making from May 27...


and this is the make-over...

This is called a Double Easel card and because it's considered a fancy fold, I'm entering it in Ina's challenge at Just Us Girls #494 and 613 Avenue Create: Challenge #222 More than one fold.

I had found a scrap of patterned paper in my stash that looked like a beach for the bottom panel. The palm tree is fussy cut after stamping on a scrap of Whisper White card stock. I used Pear Pizzazz, Mossy Meadow, Granny Apple Green and Crumb Cake inks for that. The chair is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and the wooden frame is colored in with an Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker. The umbrella is Pineapple Punch card stock, stamped in Early Espresso and fussy cut. I glued the bottom half of it to the panel. I glued the tree trunk and two fronds to the panel.

The sun on the oval piece is from the High Tide Stamp Set. The palm fronds were stamped the same as the standing tree. The oval is cut out with a die from the Layering OvalsI did have one more of the sentiment pieces from the KaiserCraft Coastal Escape panels and I was thankful for that because the buyer wanted that same exact saying. 

Let me tell you a little bit about my homemade panels. I had no more of the back panel patterned paper. So, I made  cloud templates from a window sheet cut with the retired Rainbow Builder Framelits. I got that idea from Jackie Bultje. Using the two templates, I sponged the Whisper White panel with Pool Party ink to create my sky. Et voila...my own patterned paper! 

The middle ocean panel I created by watercoloring on Shimmery White. I used my aqua painter, inked up a block with Coastal Cabana, dipped the brush in the ink and just painted back and forth. I used the wave stamp from High Tide inked in Bermuda Bay at the bottom of that panel and watercolored the top portion of that panel with Pretty Peacock, a new  2019 - 2021 Ink Color. I think it looks fairly realistic.

 As you can see in the next photo, my card base is Pineapple Punch card stock. The easel portion is Pool Party card stock.


The inside is basically the same as the one that was made over. You can see that here.


Last but not least, I'm entering Joanne's challenge at The Paper Players PP448 - A Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge.


I chose to go straight down the middle.

Thank you for stopping by today and if you have any questions, ask away.



12 comments:

  1. Cute card! Love the fun fold design, perfect beach scene! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card!! Love that "cloudy sky"! And this is absolutely one of my favorite fun folds!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you to the moon and back and sharing with me for the original!

      Delete
  3. Great job with Beach Happy. I was sad it retired - I'd hardly used it but it's such a great summer set. Love the waterfall fold. I used this fold in classes recently and it was a bit hit. Nice work, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliantly put together scene you have here Karen. Everything just flows perfectly. Simply amazing. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ina. I appreciate your comment on behalf of JUGS.

      Delete
  5. I just can't make "scene cards" am always in awe of people who can - and this card is no exception. It's fabulous and I love the multiple folds, too. So glad you joined us at the Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jaydee, and I'm so glad it was picked for A Cut Above.

      Delete
  6. I don't know how I missed this card...such a cool fold and a lovely little scene! I could take some beachy time right now, I think I could jump right into those waves! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, LeAnne, and what I said above to Jaydee!

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...