Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Stampin' Up! Butterfly Gala Thinking of You/Friendship Card

Hello there! Today's card uses the Butterfly Gala Stamp Set and matching punch. I will list the measurements below. When our card group met last Thursday, I had the Whisper White card base, mats and panels cut for them. They had no sample to follow so it was a "mystery" card. The four of us put them together and each one is different. This one is mine.


I used one of the butterfly stamps from the Butterfly Gala set and stamped the images in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I colored them with my Light and Dark Call Me Clover Blends. Using the Butterfly Duet Punch, I punched them out and adhered them on the front. I added Basic Rhinestone Jewels to their bodies. I took a length of Whisper White Solid Baker's Twine and a piece of Basic Black Thick Baker's Twine (retired) and tied a double bow. I adhered a larger jewel to the knot and a couple on the patterned paper. The sentiment is stamped in Call Me Clover ink and punched with a retired 1 3/4" scalloped punch.

Now I'll show you the other creations and then we'll take a gander at my inside. Ready?

Barb's

Meg's

Sue's

and here's my inside...


This is such a great stamp set and you can never have too many butterfly stamps. I'm entering my card at Make My Monday Challenge #99 Begins with Letter B.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you'll return tomorrow.

Measurements:

Card base: 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2"
DSP Background Mat: (2) 4" x 5 1/4" (card front and inner liner)
Black Mat: 2 3/4" x 4 1/4"
DSP Panel: 2 1/2" x 4"
Scrap Whisper White for sentiment; 3 3/4" x 5" inner mat

Product List

10 comments:

  1. Love the mix of Black and White DSPs with the pops of color from those beautiful butterflies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the b/w with the colored butterflies. Any color would do, but I like your Call Me Clover ones. And, you are right, you can't have too many butterflies. Or birds. Or trees and leaves. IMHO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another pretty card! Love the butterflies and the mix of designer papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a striking design Karen! I love the bold, monochrome background and the butterflies are so pretty. Love that you decorated the inside of the card too.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen,

    Nice to see some Stampin' Up! supplies used at the Make My Monday challenge. I love the butterflies! Perfect for the theme: stats with the letter B!

    Janeen
    Make My Monday Design Team
    www.DemiDoodle.com

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...