Sunday, May 26, 2019

Stampin' Up! Good Morning Magnolia Birthday Card

It's Simple Stamping Sunday! Remember the brown and yellow card that was cut up into squares using the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set? Here's a refresher.

Well, I decided that was too much work and created this one!
There's just something about black and white that appeals to me. Perhaps it's because of the 9 years of weekly piano lessons. Over at Crafty Catz, there's a monochrome challenge and at Creative Friday #231 there's an "everything in bloom" challenge.

My card base is 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2".

The Whisper White mat is 4 1/8" x 5 3/8". On top of that is a Basic Black mat 4" x 4". I did a dry fit to see where I should place my sentiment and filigree. Everything is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.


I stamped the magnolia on a piece of Whisper White 3 3/4" x 3 3/4". Then I cut it into 3 strips measuring 1 1/4" each. I adhered those to the black mat. Done! Hands up! Walk away! It'll only make sense if you watch "Chopped" on the Food Network.  

Tomorrow we remember all the men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice to keep us free. To all of them, their families and friends, we pay homage. Thank you to all who maintain that freedom.

I hope you enjoyed the simple stamping today and thanks for stopping by. I hope I brought a smile to your face.


9 comments:

  1. Love that magnolia image Karen! Pretty in black and white. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. There is something to be said for Black and White. I think it is classy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning monochrome card Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck
    Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card!Thanks for joining us at creative friday.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...